PDA

View Full Version : Ultima UPGP Question

daveo
11-22-2009, 08:49 AM
I applied two layers of Ultima UPGP last weekend and everything looked amazing. This morning when I went outside there was a layer of dew over the car. It looked as if every stroke was visible under the dew. Was just wondering did I put it on too thick or keep layering the sealant?

In another dew related topic, it also seems that some window cleaners seem to attract dew more than others. In using Sprayaway this product seems to have more dew formation than some other cleaners. Just curious if anyone else notices this or if I am just being weird.

dave

ScottB
11-22-2009, 09:29 AM
This is the unfortunate result of WOWA (walk away) type sealants. Over application will lead to streaks and unless caught can be a bear to remove later. It is indeed overapplication. Literally one spray per panel and perhaps two. On lighter cars I would wipe down with their detail spray after 15-20 minutes to remove any excess. Try to apply in darker garage or bay and use flashlight on lighter cars to check for streaking.

As for Sprayway, certainly no difference than other glass cleaners in dew attraction IMO. It is likely just the different temps day/night and likely would see same using Stoners. Try Aquapel and see the cool small perfect beads in the morning. Once I started using it, never going back. (still need to clean with glass cleaner)

daveo
11-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks Killr, it doesnt seem to be ghosting at least when the car is dry. It is just one of those caveats that drives you crazy. i know you are a Four Star fanatic so that may be my next choice at least sealant wise. Was wondering how the Four Star stacks up against the Ultima in regards to slickness and durability.