PDA

View Full Version : Finish Kare 425 questions...

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
11-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Like optimum instant detailer, can you use 425 when the car is wet? Also, some people say 425 will "ghost" if overused. What is "ghosting"?

Rsurfer
11-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Like optimum instant detailer, can you use 425 when the car is wet? Also, some people say 425 will "ghost" if overused. What is "ghosting"?Yes you can use it as a lube when wiping down. Ghosting, is like hazing. I've used 425 everyday for almost a year and no ghosting or hazing.

christian900se
11-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Some paints are more finicky with ghosting. My car is included, and I have had to get used to it since there is a learning curve to any product. I would recommend using a different spray bottle since the one FK comes with applies way too much. Even still, FK 425 is very forgiving in this regard and I have not had any problems with it at all. In addition, it is the best QD I have ever used in terms of dealing with humidity and temperature.

ricka
11-21-2009, 07:06 PM
when doing a final wipedown after a sealant or wax has cured, i'll spray directly onto the mf towel. helps to not over-apply the qd and still provides the slickness of the towel to glide over the paint.

its been a good technique for me after applying a lsp like liquid souveran to minimize dust attraction and static electricity.

skizot
11-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Some paints are more finicky with ghosting. My car is included, and I have had to get used to it since there is a learning curve to any product. I would recommend using a different spray bottle since the one FK comes with applies way too much. Even still, FK 425 is very forgiving in this regard and I have not had any problems with it at all. In addition, it is the best QD I have ever used in terms of dealing with humidity and temperature.

Agreed that 425 is one of the best QD. I have found that Dodo Red Tropical Mist is simply amazing as well. I use RTM for most everything now, with the occasional Pinnacle Crystal Myst. 425 is still my drying QD of choice.

christian900se
11-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Agreed that 425 is one of the best QD. I have found that Dodo Red Tropical Mist is simply amazing as well. I use RTM for most everything now, with the occasional Pinnacle Crystal Myst. 425 is still my drying QD of choice.

I have always been interested in giving Red Mist a try since it is very highly rated but I have so much QD as it is lol. I really like Gl0ss-it gloss enhancer too and is probably my favorite to use but in all honesty I can't tell a difference in looks. The only problem with FK is that it has very limited cleaning ability so water spots stay put until I grab something like gloss enhancer. Either way, you can't go wrong with 425. ;)

WRAPT C5Z06
11-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Does optimum instant detail spray have the same cleaning ability as 425?

christian900se
11-21-2009, 08:16 PM
It will be at least similar, if not better. Alot of people are saying great things about OID so that would be a great option as well. Bottom line is you can't really go wrong with any QD mentioned here. ;)

VISITOR
11-21-2009, 08:34 PM
can you use 425 when the car is wet?

yes, i do it all the time on my pops car...

Rsurfer
11-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Tropical Mist does not clean very well. TM is a spray sealant and for half the price I perfer Aqua Wax as a spray sealant.

daveo
11-22-2009, 08:39 AM
FK 425 is great and economical, if you really like it you should buy it by the gallon. I always felt that the Optimum Instant Deailer would streak for me, but maybe it was user error.

ScottB
11-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Yes you can use it as a lube when wiping down. Ghosting, is like hazing. I've used 425 everyday for almost a year and no ghosting or hazing.

:iagree:

FK425 and FK146 both work well on damp paint too. On hot panels it can streak but both really seem to work well even when overused. (quite forgiving)

WRAPT C5Z06
11-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Which QD has really good cleaning ability?

ricka
11-24-2009, 11:52 AM
DG 521 is excellent. Great cleaning ability.

christian900se
11-24-2009, 12:53 PM
XMT Final Finish Instant detailer has some good cleaning abilities, but my personal favorite for cleaning ability is Gl0ss it Gloss Enhancer but it is a bit expensive now (I bought a 3 pack for the price of one bottle now).