PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System

Da Fats
11-21-2009, 12:26 AM
HAs anyoen tried this yet? I am interested to knwo how it works as an alternative to clay!

christian900se
11-21-2009, 11:50 AM
My only experience with a clay block has been the Chemical Guys version. It worked like a light to medium clay bar, and was reusable to an extent so if you don't have to deal with heavy duty contamination then the Ultima should be similar.

longdx
11-21-2009, 11:50 AM
I have and it works well, with a caveat. It is nice to be able to use it with either QD, soapy water, etc (even better being able to simply rinse off if you drop it). Basically, use it lightly and it will work well. The caveat refers to when you use it in hot weather, the rubber can leave residue on paint if you too hard on it. It is an inconvenience, but to me not a deal killer. (I learn to be very light on the application during these temperatures).

AeroCleanse
11-21-2009, 01:19 PM
I use the Hi-Tech Body Sponge, which looks similar, and I use it all the time.

Mike Phillips
11-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Since they were introduced they've been one of those products that you really have to try before you decide as some people really love them and other's like clay better.

I think Richard Lin once posted one specific area they were really great and that was for working on vinyl graphics like many Mini Coopers have.

:)

christian900se
11-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Since they were introduced they've been one of those products that you really have to try before you decide as some people really love them and other's like clay better.

Definately. I now use mine for glass only since it is alot easier to use on larger flatter surfaces. But on paint, clay will have its advantages.