PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Pads

christian900se
11-20-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm not sure which pads to order with my Flex 603 rotary and am looking for some advice! I have a bunch of CCS pads already but was wondering what those of you rotary users tend to prefer?

Thanks.

Harleyguy
11-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Well i like the Kompressor pad line.Also picked up some of the 3m blue ultrafina pads the 5" are hard to find in the USA they make the larger size for USA.Also 3m double sided wool is a must imo for any heavy compounding.Other then that the CCS line works also.With you rotary you will be able to go from a 3" backing plate right up to the 6" size so what ever pad you want to use the rotary won't have a problem turning them.

Rsurfer
11-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Just got the Kompressor pads yesterday based on Asphalt Rocket reccomendation. I like the 6.5" constant pressure pads by LC.

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-20-2009, 10:40 PM
I use the LC CCS and Kompressor pads, 3M foam pads, and 3M wool pads.

christian900se
11-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks everyone, I will be looking into the Kompressor pads. I saw some mixed reviews on them but I guess it is more user preference than anything else. I wonder why its so hard to find anything under 6.5 inch pads for rotaries, I like sticking to 6 inch pads while using 4" pads when there are alot of curves. If the CCS pads work, I will use those too.

Dana: the 3M foam pads you are referring to are the Perfect-it line?

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks everyone, I will be looking into the Kompressor pads. I saw some mixed reviews on them but I guess it is more user preference than anything else. I wonder why its so hard to find anything under 6.5 inch pads for rotaries, I like sticking to 6 inch pads while using 4" pads when there are alot of curves. If the CCS pads work, I will use those too.

Dana: the 3M foam pads you are referring to are the Perfect-it line?

The 6 inch Uk pads, I do use the US Ultrafina pad.

tuscarora dave
11-20-2009, 11:37 PM
I use 8" wool pads but all my foam pads are 6" Edge 2000 for DA, they work great on the rotary and are much easier to use than the 8" flat or wavy which I have and ocasionally use. Double sided and always centered!:xyxthumbs:

Da Fats
11-20-2009, 11:56 PM
How does the flex rotary measure up to the makita and dewalt? Its definately a better price...

juicejuice
11-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Well i like the Kompressor pad line.Also picked up some of the 3m blue ultrafina pads the 5" are hard to find in the USA they make the larger size for USA.Also 3m double sided wool is a must imo for any heavy compounding.Other then that the CCS line works also.With you rotary you will be able to go from a 3" backing plate right up to the 6" size so what ever pad you want to use the rotary won't have a problem turning them.
Thank you for sharing :props:

christian900se
11-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Well, at least until I can find a place to buy 3M pads that aren't huge, I am going to see how I fair with the CCS pads I have and grab a few Kompressor pads as well.