PDA

View Full Version : Light Color Pain / Wax Or Sealant

Pages : [1] 2

Slava
11-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Choosing the right LSP or Wax over Sealant.

I’m new to the detailing world and being on here for a month I’ve learned a lot and I’m still learning. So thanks to everyone on the board for posting Product Reviews and How To’s its great info and it’s helped me out a lot.

Now to my question, choosing the right LSP?
My car color is PSM(Platinum Silver Metallic)
The product that I’m thinking of using is the DODO Juice Banana Armour Hard Car Wax.
Reason why I’m not going with a sealant is my car is a light metallic color that hides imperfection well and I don’t think that sealant will bring out the gloss of the pain as well as wax.

Is my logic correct on this or am I way off.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

CTS-Veo
11-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Why not use both? Use the sealant first, and top it with a carnuba... The best of both worlds!

Slava
11-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Why not use both? Use the sealant first, and top it with a carnuba... The best of both worlds!

This didn't even cross my mind.

So would it be better to use a claze or a sealent unter carnuba?

AeroCleanse
11-20-2009, 01:08 PM
I would use Dodo Juice Lime Prime first, then sealant, lastly wax. If you prefer a softer wax, then Dodo Juice Orange crush would be a good choice.

sparkism13
11-20-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. I have a Titanium Metallic Silver BMW and I'm looking to elevate the gloss. I'm using NXT 2 now and with UQD, it looks pretty good. Very bright and shiny, but not deep and glossy. It's difficult to get light silver paint to show depth and gloss but I'm about to throw some Megs #26 Carnuba on top of the NXT and see how that looks. Of course, a cleaning and thorough polishing is the key for anything to work well.

sparkism13
11-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Oh, as far as a glaze, i wouldnt bother with it unless you wont be polishing out most swirls. On silver paint, I've read that a glaze makes minimal difference on a well prepped silver vehicle. Wash, Clean, Polish, Seal, then Wax. Or you could skip the sealant if you wax often.

Bradshaw
11-20-2009, 01:30 PM
I prefer synthetic sealants on light colors/silver.

Slava
11-20-2009, 01:49 PM

Is there a reason for this or is it just a preference?

AeroCleanse
11-20-2009, 02:54 PM

If I have the time, I use a sealant first then wax.

Bradshaw
11-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Is there a reason for this or is it just a preference?
Silver can be hard to make pop, so I like giving silver as much glossy bling as I can. Stuff Ive used on silver that I like: Fk1000p, Zaino Z2Pro, Ultima Paint Guard Plus, BF Wet Diamond. If anything, sealants will add gloss to the paint.

ScottB
11-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Try Poorboys Glaze (light) and then Four Star UPP or Wolfgang or Ultima Sealant.

Bradshaw
11-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Try Poorboys Glaze (light) and then Four Star UPP or Wolfgang or Ultima Sealant.
Definately

GaryD
11-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Silver can be hard to make pop, so I like giving silver as much glossy bling as I can. Stuff Ive used on silver that I like: Fk1000p, Zaino Z2Pro, Ultima Paint Guard Plus, BF Wet Diamond. If anything, sealants will add gloss to the paint.

I like zaino Z 2 Pro, I like putting the Z clear seal cs under and over the Z2. Then top it off with gloss enhancer. Sho do make one shine.

Peanut
11-21-2009, 02:55 PM
I've had great results on Silver cars using the WG Polish Enhancer to prep the paint surface and than using the WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant to seal the paint. In my opinion a Paint Sealant will make the metallic flake POP better on a light colored car.

spooks
11-21-2009, 03:09 PM
You could ask a hundred people this question and get a hundred different answers, and the thing is , none of them would be wrong. Most everything is down to preference and experience, if you got time and the money, try a few different ideas, you could base your choice on a few factors ie looks or durability or even both - or cost. I personally like Klasse twins topped with souveran - durability and looks. Works for me.

Whatever you choose, enjoy it - and as a wise man once said - use it often!!!!!