PDA

View Full Version : Applying LSP - DA or by hand?

Pages : [1] 2

hughfree
11-20-2009, 05:23 AM
Detailed my first car a couple of weeks ago using my new Griot's 6", CCS pads, Wolfgang TRS, Meg's NXT 2, Meg's clay...had a blast...better yet gave my freshly detailed 99 Honda Accord to my son for a wedding gift :xyxthumbs:

Questions for the pros - Do you apply your LSP with a DA or by hand? Why?

I found that applying my LSP on the side panels was easier by hand.....wondering if I should stick with the DA for all areas.

loudog2
11-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Hand is easier and faster for me. DA takes too long to get ready, clean-up. Plus you waste product using the DA.

evilwrx
11-20-2009, 07:51 AM
To me it depends on the product. I like to apply anything that is not WOWO, such as Megs M16, with the DA as it tends to spread a much thinner coat and therefore much easier to remove. If the product is WOWO I will do it by hand.

sullysdetailing
11-20-2009, 08:40 AM
Depends with the wax you are using. When I apply waxes like NXT or M16 that tend to be hard to take off if you apply them a little thick I will use a DA. But using Products like WGPS, Fuzion, Liquid and Paste Souveran, and Max Wax I will apply them by hand because they are easy to remove.

Bradshaw
11-20-2009, 01:28 PM
I prefer the DA to apply waxes or sealants. Get on some soft paint and you can marr it all up with the pressure from your hand. I can get super thin and even coats with the DA, I can't do as well with my hand. I don't waste product at all with the DA, if anything I use less.

teamerickson
11-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Depends with the wax you are using. When I apply waxes like NXT or M16 that tend to be hard to take off if you apply them a little thick I will use a DA. But using Products like WGPS, Fuzion, Liquid and Paste Souveran, and Max Wax I will apply them by hand because they are easy to remove.+1. I had residue issues last time I used NXT by hand. Next time I'll try using the PC to get it thinner. If that doesn't help my trash will have a new friend.

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-20-2009, 10:43 PM
All lsp's by hand.

BlackSunshine01
11-21-2009, 12:17 AM
i didnt like trying to get all the lsp out of my grey pads afterword. kind of a pain to me when i can do it by hand.

Rsurfer
11-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Liquid by DA and paste by hand for me.

mcpp66
11-21-2009, 01:22 AM
I see the acronym LSP a lot on this board but I don't know what it is. What is "LSP"?

Rsurfer
11-21-2009, 01:27 AM
I see the acronym LSP a lot on this board but I don't know what it is. What is "LSP"?
Last Step Product

Fly bye
11-21-2009, 05:32 AM
I like to apply by hand, all my LSP's. Especially the Souverain paste, as it is easy as hell to remove. Applying by hand is more efficient (conserves product).

When using a liquid such as Megs #26, I apply by hand with a small round foam applicator, but I like to spray a little distilled water/instant detailer as the LSP starts to harden up, then hit the mofo with a PC/white pad, or simply a MF applicator (with distilled water/instant detailer).

I then remove the remaining wax product with clean MF's. Using distilled water/instant detailer to rework the product, works it into a nice thin, easily removable layer.

Gary Sword
11-21-2009, 07:05 AM
I always apply my LSP my hand sometimes even with my hands unless it's something very large like my enclosed car trailer, boat or a motor home.

mcpp66
11-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Last Step Product

Thanks.

wisemonkey
11-21-2009, 10:33 AM
By hand to me is the best way just my .02