PDA

View Full Version : Lake Country CCS or Hydro-Tech?

teamerickson
11-19-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm looking to get some 5.5 pads. I currently use 6.5 and 4" CCS pads. Should I get 5 or 6 CCS pads in various colors, or get a couple of the Hydro-Tech tangerine?

loudog2
11-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I would go for the CCS since people are having issues with the HT. At least til it is figured out if the pads are the issue.

HighEndDetail
11-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm looking to get some 5.5 pads. I currently use 6.5 and 4" CCS pads. Should I get 5 or 6 CCS pads in various colors, or get a couple of the Hydro-Tech tangerine?

I have used the hydro-tech pads and have liked them so far. My favorite ones are the cobra cross grove pads. The ccs pads are nice, the org pad feels a little stiff to me

sullysdetailing
11-19-2009, 01:57 PM

I have both pads. The Hydro-Tech pads work great but they do not last very long and fall apart pretty quick. So I would have to say go with the CCS pads.

CEE DOG
11-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Are you using a Rotary or a DA? If a Rotary then get the CCS. If a DA then look at a third option as well. Look at the original Lake Country flat pads. There in there. look harder... They are just like the ccs but are flat. I bought LC: CCS, H-T, and Flat. Will start using them next week so I don't have an opinion of my own yet. I can't wait!!!! I have read great reviews on the HT as far as performance goes.

I had some super tiny black specs on my HT when I got them but I think they were just dusty and had some type of fabric strands or something.... Don't know but I will wash them before using.

teamerickson
11-19-2009, 05:40 PM
I have used the hydro-tech pads and have liked them so far. My favorite ones are the cobra cross grove pads. The ccs pads are nice, the org pad feels a little stiff to meCobra in 5.5? Couldn't find them on the AG website.

Are you using a Rotary or a DA?PCxp.

CEE DOG
11-19-2009, 06:21 PM
A PCxp is a DA (Dual Action). From what I have been told you want to go with the flat pads HT or classic.
The reason being is you want continuous contact for faster correction when using a DA. When using a Rotary it heats the paint up so fast you may want to go with the ccs instead

Here is a link. 6 pack $44.99

Lake Country 6.5 FLAT Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice! (http://www.autogeek.net/vcpad-6pack.html)

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Cee Dog you got it right. If you can find a 5.5 inch flat pad that is the best way to go with a da.

loudog2
11-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Cee Dog you got it right. If you can find a 5.5 inch flat pad that is the best way to go with a da.
There is a place to get them, but not here. I think AG should carry all pads in different sizes. Not just the 6.5's in the flat LC.

teamerickson
11-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the info. :)

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-19-2009, 06:52 PM
There is a place to get them, but not here. I think AG should carry all pads in different sizes. Not just the 6.5's in the flat LC.

I say AG call LC , get some made and we will product test them.:props:

I know where to get them but that is a no-no.:dblthumb2:

Emile
11-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm going to have to say Hydro Tech. It's nice not to have 30 different pad colors and at least two of each pad.

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-19-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm going to have to say Hydro Tech. It's nice not to have 30 different pad colors and at least two of each pad.

You are still going to need more than just these two pads.