PDA

View Full Version : Best product for a durable finish

dunston
11-18-2009, 01:41 AM
I am going to be detailing my mom's black G37 pretty soon. She doesn't live by me and travels all over the state and takes her car through automatic car washes or other drive through type car washes. Whats the best thing I can put on her car to help prevent excessive swirl marks? Thanks!

Matt
11-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Hmmmm, well nothing really.

But, it's said that Carnauba has a "scuff resistance" so, anything high in Carnauba *should* give some protection from swirls.

Now, if it's an automatic carwash, then I doubt that even 100 coats of wax would protect the paint from swirls as those things are aggressive!

sullysdetailing
11-18-2009, 09:36 AM
No wax or sealant will prevent swirls from a automatic car wash. If you want to preserve the shine on the car. Then I would apply 1-2 coats of WGPS or FSUPP. Then on top of that apply a wac like PSII, P21S, Fuzion, Souveran, M16 ect.

trencher7
11-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Anyone tried Liquid Glass? Lots of positive reviews and they sell it on AG. I was thinking of giving it a try.

agpatel
11-18-2009, 10:13 AM
If you want something uber durable, Collinite or FK1000P is what you want.

Preacher
11-18-2009, 10:23 AM
I would suggest Collinite or 1000p also for longevity only. If your looking for something that looks better and protect almost as long Wolfgang sealant 3.0

--jason

Mike Phillips
11-18-2009, 10:37 AM
I am going to be detailing my mom's black G37 pretty soon. She doesn't live by me and travels all over the state and takes her car through automatic car washes or other drive through type car washes.

Knowing what you know about how the car is washed, don't invest a lot of time into removing all the swirls. In fact, might as well pay more attention to the inside where she'll appreciate your time and hard work more than on the outside.

For the outside, wash, clay, apply a wax or paint sealant and forget about it. One or two trips through an automatic car wash and the swirls and scratches will be back. IF you do a super-duper buff job on it all you'll be doing is removing precious clear paint and creating a really nice finish just be scratched and swirled again.

If you clay and wax it will still look nice.

Next time she buys a car, recommend a silver metallic finish, it's the hardest to see swirls on.

:xyxthumbs:

Whats the best thing I can put on her car to help prevent excessive swirl marks? Thanks!

A full body advertising wrap sans the advertising.

:)

Dwayne
11-18-2009, 11:04 AM
3M Clear Bra on every painted body panel FTW!

sullysdetailing
11-18-2009, 11:24 AM
3M Clear Bra on every painted body panel FTW!
I had 2 black cars before my red truck. My black eclipse had no clear bra the front end looked like crap my black GTI had a 3M clear bra and it really saved the car.

dunston
11-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Her last car was silver and she hated it. I'll try talking her into a clear bra since she does so much freeway driving.

Thanks for the tips on not going all out on her car since it will just swirl up again. :)

CEE DOG
11-18-2009, 07:40 PM
For long lasting-Ultima Paint Guard Plus:dblthumb2: