PDA

View Full Version : wdgps in direct sunlight?

unclestu
11-17-2009, 12:01 PM
What would be the consequences of applying my second coat of WDGPS3.0 in direct sunlight? The temperature is in the mid 50's and the surface temperature of the vehicle is not hot to the touch. Would the consequences associated with a direct sunlight application be a factor of the sunlight itself or of the resultant temperature that would be attributed to the direct sunlight?
Thanks for any and all input.Feed back please

Emile
11-17-2009, 12:25 PM
It's direct sun as well as temperature. You should be just fine applying DGPS in direct sunlight in NJ this time of year.

Some waxes need to stay out of direct sunlight during application (in hot weather) because the wax will get "caked on" and will become miserable to buff off. :xyxthumbs:

unclestu
11-17-2009, 12:43 PM
It's direct sun as well as temperature. You should be just fine applying DGPS in direct sunlight in NJ this time of year.

Some waxes need to stay out of direct sunlight during application (in hot weather) because the wax will get "caked on" and will become miserable to buff off. :xyxthumbs:

Thanks for the quick reply Emile.
BTW how are you enjoying your new Flex3401?
look at me I am hijacking my own thread LOL
Do you use the Edge 4" pads with your Flex on the small panels or do you just go back to your PC for those areas?

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
UncleStu, what you have to remember no matter what the temp is outside it is a black car and it is going to get pretty warm. I would suggest not applying the sealant in the sun because since the paint is going to be warm it is going to bake the product and might make it very hard to remove. You always want to apply an lsp or polish for that matter on a cool surface.

HighEndDetail
11-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Applying wax's and sealants in direct sun can be an issue. Depending on the outside temp, and time of year.
There are times when you might not have shade, and have to be in direct sun. And product can or could be a little harder to remove. Just take your time, you should be fine..