PDA

View Full Version : What more can be said...

Pages : [1] 2

skizot
11-16-2009, 10:15 PM
In April of this year, I purchased a new to me, 06 Porsche Carrera S. Many people think it was a very expensive purchase, but in today's economy, you'd be surprised the price you can pay for a car like this. When I received it, the condition of the 3 year old paint was in pretty rough shape.

A co-worker had told me about AG and I had never placed an order from here before. With the brake dust that this car puts out, I placed my first order for some P21s Wheel Gel and I wanted to protect the headlight housings from the Florida Sun, so I ordered some Wolfgang Plastic sealant as well. This was on 5/4/09.

I received the first order and realized that with AG being in Florida as well, the shipping time was next day and realized that some wheel gel and plastic sealant was not going to help me really take care of the car the way it deserved to be. I only had OTC stuff at this point and had actually used it on the car, not giving the results it should.

On 5/9/09 I placed my second order and received some LC pads, more wheel cleaning as the P21s worked so great and some other detailing tools.

Again, quick service, great products. I quickly learned about the discounts available and the very next day placed another order for some swirl remover and other misc items. Of course wouldn't you know it, two days later I get an email about 15% off and it prompted me to place yet another order for more goodies. To which I received some towels, sealant, polishes and more.

Subsequent orders started to be placed. In fact, I placed orders on: 5/12, 5/13, 5/21. Yes, the addiction started to set in.

With what I had purchased, June and July went by, all three of my cars had complete details and I was feeling great about what I had learned.

August rolled around and I needed refills and some things already and the addiction set in, with more orders being placed on 8/2, 8/20, 8/25, 8/28. Again, those damn discount emails come and prompt me to order more stuff.

A couple of more months and October brings the same result, with 5 more orders and November has been no different with 5 orders placed this month.

To say I am an AG addict would be a complete understatement. I have invested over $1800 in products. In this time, I have had great accuracy in my orders, one time a product has arrived damaged and all sorts of free stuff they have "slipped" into the boxes along the way.

The customer service at AG has been stellar. On the few occasions that I needed it, they have always come through. When I learned about the forums, which was just recently, it even further expanded my addiction.

I have actually started to detail other peoples car on the side now. I have learned so much from everyone on the forums and from all the amazing information available online. If you count what I have spent for a few items not sold at AG, the cost of this addiction is even worse. The good news that minus a Tornado and Pad Washer, I have most everything one could need for a while.

This is my story. Thank you so much for Dwayne, Meghan, Mike and the rest of this amazing AG team for all their advice, help and excellent service. I no longer place detailing orders from other companies and I cannot imagine that will change in the foreseeable future. :applause:

kronos
11-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Yup. It is very much an addiction. I feel your pain, or would that be joy?! I myself have spent in the last 5 months, over $1200, with a shopping cart full of new goodies ready to be bought. I'm just waiting for the right time, right around the turkey holiday. He he. I need help... Buying more detailing goodies should make me feel better right? :props:

Gary Sword
11-17-2009, 07:06 AM
If you love cars detailing can definitely become an addiction. AG does have great products and service. It's also great living in Florida so you can get your orders the next day and detail in the great Florida weather all year long.

DLB
11-17-2009, 07:20 AM
It is usually a couple of days for my orders, so I like to place them early in the week - although that don't always work out.

I've placed about $400 worth of orders just this month. Can't say I buy as frequently as some of you, but when I do, it usually always qualifies me for the $95 free shipping. :)

DLB

Meghan
11-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Well thank you very much, I love that you have the detail bug and not only are you detailing your vehicles but reaching out and doing a few on the side. I will just say one thing here about AG and our company, when people love where they work and who they work with, it makes for a great company! We are all one big family here and we love taking good care of our customers, Max has been a great boss and an awesome teacher. Thank you all that help with the forum and support us by shopping our site. :kiss:

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
11-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Glad to see you over here enjoying AG's service & products!

skizot
11-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Glad to see you over here enjoying AG's service & products!

You did this to me!!! :dblthumb2:

ScottB
11-18-2009, 07:22 PM
did you get the MF bug yet ??? Stil cannot shake that one (smiles)

skizot
11-18-2009, 07:26 PM
did you get the MF bug yet ??? Stil cannot shake that one (smiles)

are you kidding me? Take a look at this picture and you decide. It is seriously bad:

http://homepage.mac.com/srudowitz/detail4.jpg

evilwrx
11-18-2009, 08:12 PM
are you kidding me? Take a look at this picture and you decide. It is seriously bad:

:laughing: I said it before in another thread, there has to be a twelve step program for issues like this!!!

T Riddle
11-18-2009, 09:33 PM
:laughing: I said it before in another thread, there has to be a twelve step program for issues like this!!!

I guarantee you he has a use for every single one of those towels! That the beauty of it :)

skizot
11-18-2009, 09:36 PM
I guarantee you he has a use for every single one of those towels! That the beauty of it :)

Yup! My wife thinks I am nuts.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
11-18-2009, 10:55 PM
You did this to me!!! :dblthumb2:

Ha ha.. I am sorry and you are welcome all in one....Im the MAN

killrflake
11-18-2009, 11:12 PM

I have the exact same set up for my MFs and it"s about time for to add another set of drawers. It's just so addicting.http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Meghan
11-19-2009, 08:11 AM
This is one of the best ways to store these towels, you can see in enough to know what towel is in there, yet they are protected from dust and dirt.