PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang experts..hope i dont have a problem

ml13
11-16-2009, 09:15 PM
I applied a second coat of wolfgangs sealant to my truck today, in my garage at work and had an emergency, had to leave before I could buff it off, and had to leave it over night. I am in for trouble tomorrow trying to remove it?

Harleyguy
11-16-2009, 09:23 PM
I applied a second coat of wolfgangs sealant to my truck today, in my garage at work and had an emergency, had to leave before I could buff it off, and had to leave it over night. I am in for trouble tomorrow trying to remove it?Well at this point it doesn't really matter what's done is done.But it should be ok unless you got dirt on the truck.You can wait 12 hours between coats when you use wolfgang sealant.Just make sure there isn't anything on the paint before you use your MF to removed the sealant

ml13
11-16-2009, 09:43 PM
I think you misunderstood me. I didnt take the truck, I took my other truck. I applied WGPS, was letting it sit for 45 mins to an hour before I buffed it off and let it sit overnight when I had to leave, but in my other truck. The truck with the sealant on it is still in the garage where its been, but with the sealant still on, as applied originally, not buffed off. Im curious if its gonna be a problem tomorrow or should all be good? Will I be able to just buff it off easy and be good and will the coat still be as good durability and looks wise?

loudog2
11-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Just buff it off, it should still be fine. If you have any doubts, just apply another coat.

unclestu
11-16-2009, 09:56 PM
I don't think that you will have any problems at all. I had a similar situation on a smaller scale. I accidentally left wdgps un-buffed on half of the right rear 1/4 panel of my car. It remained on the panel for two days while the car was in the garage. The wdgps buffed right off with no problem. And I can still not see any lack of shine in the effected area.

Laura
11-17-2009, 02:01 AM
I had to leave a coat on unbuffed overnight as well and the following day it came off as easy as normal with no issues. I followed it with a couple coats of Fuzion and could never tell the difference. (However, I will add that I am still early into my detailing addiction and probably wouldn't notice something that might stand out to a pro.)

agpatel
11-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Dont worry at all, WG DGPS will be just as easy to buff off 24 hrs later, it is such a easy on easy off sealant it almost buff's itself!

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-17-2009, 03:12 AM
I have left WGDG on a car over a whole weekend. Just came in that Monday morning and it wiped right off, so you will be just fine.

Meghan
11-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Dont worry at all, WG DGPS will be just as easy to buff off 24 hrs later, it is such a easy on easy off sealant it almost buff's itself!

:iagree:

Bobby B.
11-17-2009, 09:44 AM
The Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant will buff off just fine.

ml13
11-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Came right off. Thanks alot guys! :props:

sullysdetailing
11-18-2009, 11:37 AM
You'll be fine. I have left it on the cars from hours to days and everytime it wipe of just as easy as if you'd wait 45 min