PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's Trim Restorer

Pages : [1] 2

kaboom10
11-16-2009, 11:14 AM
WOW where you been hiding this stuff? Got a BOGO and it blew away the NuVynil I tried. I put it on grainy and flat surfaces.Tan, grey and black surfaces. We'll see how long it stands up to the elements inside and out of the vehicles now.

Dwayne
11-16-2009, 11:38 AM
To get the best durability, I always let the Trim Restorer soak in for 15-30 minutes, then wipe off any excess. This is one of the standout products in the Poorboys line

kaboom10
11-16-2009, 11:45 AM
I let the first coat soak in then put on a second to see the results. Bad move on a sunny day. Looked like I shot a coat of clear the way it shined.

ScottB
11-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Love this product ... always come back to it.

kaboom10
11-16-2009, 06:42 PM
I was pleasantly surprised. Went crazy on both the vehicles. Couldn't believe my eyes at first. Love the stuff and will keep ordering it.

Harleyguy
11-16-2009, 08:27 PM
:dblthumb2:Thanks for the postive comments.Always looking for something new to try.:dblthumb2:

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
11-16-2009, 09:10 PM
To get the best durability, I always let the Trim Restorer soak in for 15-30 minutes, then wipe off any excess. This is one of the standout products in the Poorboys line

yup the longer you let it soak the better it can condition as well :xyxthumbs:

accord
11-16-2009, 10:45 PM
On outside trim, do you guys spray this stuff on first then detail painted areas or after you're done detailing the paint. I am worried about over spraying it and messing up the painted area I just cleaned.

acc1079
11-16-2009, 11:07 PM
On outside trim, do you guys spray this stuff on first then detail painted areas or after you're done detailing the paint. I am worried about over spraying it and messing up the painted area I just cleaned.

I put it on a foam applicator, and then apply it being careful with the painted surfaces. I normally have a QD and MF close by, just in case I mis-hit a surface, but it is usually very minimal.

tuscarora dave
11-16-2009, 11:12 PM
I use it before and after the polishing and LSP steps. The before ensures no trim staining and the after gives that new rubber look and if used properly it lasts and just gets better as time goes on.

CharlesW
11-16-2009, 11:20 PM
It's not a product I have used, but if some of you are interested, it's BOGO right now.
Poorboy's Trim Restorer: Touching up the trim with Poorboy’s Trim Restorer provides the final polishing step in your quest for the perfect finish. (http://www.autogeek.net/pbtr16.html)

Da Fats
11-17-2009, 12:44 AM
I apply with a foam paint brush to get the most control. I also experimented with leaving it on over night and it worked the best I have ever seen this way. painted it on, clean up any drips and walked away next day there was nothing to buff off... Its lasted over a month and 1/2 now. It went on smooth, no streaks, no oily residue after sitting over night and the turn around was so dramatic I kicked myself for not taking pics!!!

On my tacoma wheel flairs I used it more like a dressing and applied multiple coats with short soaking and I did not get as great an affect. The over night soak was an absolute thumbs up result that made my father smile ear to ear.

Chris

kaboom10
11-17-2009, 04:52 AM
:dblthumb2:Thanks for the postive comments.Always looking for something new to try.:dblthumb2:

YW. This stuff is fantastic inside and out.

MoBenzOwner
11-17-2009, 10:36 AM
YW. This stuff is fantastic inside and out.

I agree it is fantastic. What do you use it for on the inside?

kaboom10
11-17-2009, 10:55 AM
I agree it is fantastic. What do you use it for on the inside?

I've put it on anything that's plastic and not clear like the instrument cluster. The seats are cloth but if they were leather I might try it on them.