PDA

View Full Version : Griots machine polish 1-4

CEE DOG
11-15-2009, 05:39 PM
I was reading up on these and was curious why I don't read much about these polishes. Looks like they are design for Random Orbital machines. Love the way they number them and make it simple to figure out which to use... the way it ought to be.
Anyway I have some Menzerna and Wolfgang polishes I will be doing our 3 cars in the next 6 weeks so I probably don't want to buy any now but was curious for future consideration. Actually I could use one more polish of the more aggressive variety for my 2 old cars. Has anybody used these Griots polishes?
I may get the #1 Griot's Garage Machine Polish 1, Griots Machine Polish, car polish, griots auto polish (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-machine-polish-1.html)

Rsurfer
11-15-2009, 05:52 PM
No, but get meg's 105.

ziggo99
11-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Before going to the 105 as suggested, how aggressive are you wanting to go to? What's the most aggressive product/pad combo you have now?

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I agree with Dad, get some 105, you can change the cut by your pad choice. Just think, if you have 3 or 4 different types of pad you have 3 or 4 different types of cut of polish.

CEE DOG
11-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Before going to the 105 as suggested, how aggressive are you wanting to go to? What's the most aggressive product/pad combo you have now?

The Wolfgang TSR is currently my most aggressive polish.
The Hydro Tech Cyan pad my most aggressive pad.
As far as how aggresive- I need to be pretty aggressive with my 2 old cars I think. They have never been cared for but I am starting now

Gunslinger
11-15-2009, 10:38 PM
I use the Griot's polishes and I've found them excellent. Actually, I have all four but have yet to have a need for the #1 which is the most aggressive polish.

On one of my cars I discovered some marks in the clear coat...I figured I must have done it accidentally with my belt buckle but really don't know for sure. I was advised to start with the least aggressive polish (#4) and work toward the most aggressive until the marks disappeared, then reverse and go back to the least aggressive. That worked like a charm...I went to #2 and that eliminated the marks.

I'm not saying the other brands available aren't as good...I couldn't say as I haven't tried them all, but I am saying the Griot's is excellent and performs as advertised.