PDA

View Full Version : Help with swirl on Mercedez Benz

waldron80
11-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Hello all,

My parents just bought a 2 year old black Mercedes Benz. It's a beautiful ride but has some swirl. Not a lot but you know how black paint show everything. With the kind of money they spent my dad wants to get things started on the right track. Is German paint different and is there special products made just for German cars i.e. BMW, Mercedez? What do you all recommend? We will be using my Porter Cable. I've been looking at the Wolfgang series for swirl and polish? Is this a good way to go?

Thanks for all your help!!!!!

sparkie
11-14-2009, 10:34 PM
I done a black Mercedes today and I use Menzerna. I been hearing good stuff about Wolfgang polishes. I've been wanting to try them out... Here is the link to Menzerna: Menzerna Ceramic Intro Kit, Menzerna polishes, nano polish, ceramic paint, ceramic polish, car polish, how to polish ceramic paint (http://www.autogeek.net/ceramic-polish-kit.html)

Harleyguy
11-14-2009, 10:51 PM
The Wolfgang products work great for sure.You can pick up the Wolfgang TSR and it will work just fine.The menz products also work great but you have to buy a larger size bottle and if you have no use for that size just pick up the wolfgang line.You will get the same results

VR8
11-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Sounds like it may be a ceramic clear coat too. That may mean multiple passes with your Porter Cable. Do you have the new version PC or the old? We've had pretty good luck with Meguiar's #105 on some of the newer Mercedes ... and then on some others it's a bit tougher. Not sure why yet.

teamerickson
11-15-2009, 10:01 AM
I recently got a black mercedes myself and had the same issue. I had good sucess with meguiars 205 (finishing with a little cut) and an orange pad. I just did a one step polish job but you probably should do another step after the swirl correction. Make sure to go slow. Be patient. It took me most of the day. After you've spent your time fixing the problem make sure you are using a good wash technique. Otherwise you'll be doing this again in 6 months. Good Luck.

sparkie
11-15-2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/21778-black-mercedes.html:props: