PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Wax + Heavy rain + Rinse = Wash?

stevehecht
11-14-2009, 03:05 PM
It's been raining cats & dogs here all day, and tomorrow I'm planning to apply some Opti-Seal to a week-old coat of Collinite 845. Can I get away with a power hose rinse/waffle cloth dry instead of a full wash before I get the OS on? I'm just wondering if a full wash is always necessary before the LSP. (The car has been driven pretty much every day this week.)

Got_Leather
11-14-2009, 03:07 PM
I would wash it.

builthatch
11-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Can I get away with a power hose rinse/waffle cloth dry instead of a full wash before I get the OS on?

no way. i'd wash that piece FOR SURE. autogeek himself, the guy with the yellow hair and red scarf, will show up at your door and crack you in the back of the leg with an e-z detail brush if you try to cut corners like what you've said...

stevehecht
11-14-2009, 04:11 PM
no way. i'd wash that piece FOR SURE. autogeek himself, the guy with the yellow hair and red scarf, will show up at your door and crack you in the back of the leg with an e-z detail brush if you try to cut corners like what you've said...

I had a bad feeling I was opening myself up to serious AG abuse by even suggesting a short cut. I'm a very, very, bad person. :iagree:Oh, and I'm a lazy sonofabitch too. But I knew that already. :nomore:

loudog2
11-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Wash the car man!

rwisejr
11-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Wash or ONR !!!! Don't be lazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A4 1.8tqm
11-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Autogeek himself, the guy with the yellow hair and red scarf, will show up at your door and crack you in the back of the leg with an e-z detail brush if you try to cut corners like what you've said...

LOL I can see the commercial now...
- Castrol EDGE - Think With Your Dipstick

Edit: Oh yeah, Wash it first!

stevehecht
11-14-2009, 08:21 PM
LOL I can see the commercial now... - Castrol EDGE - Think With Your Dipstick ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj5ms9PJDNY)

Edit: Oh yeah, Wash it first!

Whoah, what a great ad! :props: Do you think Castrol was trying to be EDGEY? Hard to believe that was put on TV. Actually, rwisejr's idea to use ONR is a good one, I hadn't thought of it. Can't wait to put the OS over the 845 and see how it looks. The 845 did a damn good job on its own but it could use some more sparkle and sheen. I'll send some pics when I'm done.

builthatch
11-14-2009, 08:36 PM
I had a bad feeling I was opening myself up to serious AG abuse by even suggesting a short cut. I'm a very, very, bad person. :iagree:Oh, and I'm a lazy sonofabitch too. But I knew that already. :nomore:

we still love you :hugs:

harshest
11-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Since you have been driving it all week I would do a full wash. You have prpbably kicked up so real nasty stuff off the road. If was just sitting there all week then I would say ONR.