PDA

View Full Version : Computer Dies

belcherm58
11-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Been off the forum for about 3 weeks. Seems my motherboard went bad in my HP desktop. Just bought it 2 years ago. It's a pain went ya can't access your banking and bill paying, sports and news, I felt crippled without it. All new again and with Windows 7. Let ya know how I like it in a few weeks. Have I missed any good contest or discounts? LOL

SRHTX
11-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Been off the forum for about 3 weeks. Seems my motherboard went bad in my HP desktop. Just bought it 2 years ago. It's a pain went ya can't access your banking and bill paying, sports and news, I felt crippled without it. All new again and with Windows 7. Let ya know how I like it in a few weeks. Have I missed any good contest or discounts? LOL

Well, you have plenty to read then. LOL Just look at the topics in your favorite areas on the forum.

rwisejr
11-13-2009, 05:39 PM

You will love windows 7 as I have been running it a few months before it was released to the public. Very fast and extremely stable

loudog2
11-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Same thing happened to my dell XPS 420 after only 4-5 months old. I'm glad I set my old computer up in the basement. I would have been lost without online banking and etc. Then a couple months later my hard drive gets fried. Thank god for warranties. I'll never buy a dell again. I'm tired of fighting with people in India.

belcherm58
11-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Same thing happened to my dell XPS 420 after only 4-5 months old. I'm glad I set my old computer up in the basement. I would have been lost without online banking and etc. Then a couple months later my hard drive gets fried. Thank god for warranties. I'll never buy a dell again. I'm tired of fighting with people in India.

Tell me about the tech support. I think about all companys have their tech support in India. It is pure luck if you get someone who understands english very well and the advice is sometimes choppy and takes a lot of patience to use.:confused:

rwisejr
11-13-2009, 06:21 PM

Tell me about it I deal with Dell crap allday long. Their quality control is horrible. Thats Why my personal units I build myself and never have an issue as I only use top quality components.

2003 GMC Denali
11-13-2009, 07:07 PM
If you wanted to buy a brand other than Dell... what would it be ?

rwisejr
11-13-2009, 07:23 PM

Personally I would opt for a HP as there quality control is better .

loudog2
11-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Personally I would opt for a HP as there quality control is better .
HP gets great reviews. Maybe even converting to a Mac.

rwisejr
11-13-2009, 10:49 PM
HP gets great reviews. Maybe even converting to a Mac.

Mac's are nice but the hardware is the same as a PC just costs more. I have and use both

belcherm58
11-13-2009, 11:48 PM

I have had 3 HP computers. The last one was the only one that I had early problems with. After having problems, I searched the internet on that specific model and found that they had problems with motherboard failure. Seems that it was a widespread problem. It was out of warranty and they offered to sell me another motherboard. Problem was it was the same model as the one that failed. I asked about getting a different brand and model. Then I would have had to buy another operating system. The disk that I ordered from HP to reinstall the operating system looks over the hardware and would not install it if it sees that there are changes in the hardware. The OS and parts were going to be to expensive. It was cheaper to replace the whole computer.