PDA

View Full Version : best product to actually clean before pollish

87rx7chick
11-13-2009, 02:11 AM
so i know pinnacle has cleansing lotion that cleans as well as fills minor imperfections

i know mothers and meguiers has cleaner waxes

but what about something that just CLEANS. whats the best product or type of product to use after wash, before or after clay bar and before pollish and or wax.

i know the order is wrong, but u guys know what i mean

Rsurfer
11-13-2009, 02:33 AM
P21S total auto wash or Dawn to strip.

ScottB
11-13-2009, 10:29 PM
I too thought of Total Wash ... but I like the look of Paintwork Lotion or P21S GEPC better.

Matt
11-14-2009, 01:11 AM
Maybe an IPA mix is what you're after?

builthatch
11-14-2009, 01:34 AM
but u guys know what i mean

ehh, i don't think we do. what you typed is confusing, but i'll try to decipher it-

cleaning in cleaner wax means it removes mild oxidation, water spots, super minor surface defects...like a very very very light polish. it's basically a step skipping product for the mass market average joe (or julie) car owner.

so, you are looking for the cleaning part of cleaner wax. if you wash, then clay...it is then you want to polish, to correct the damage to the surface, which like i said is the cleaning part of the cleaner wax you mentioned. the advantage you'll have is you can choose your polishes and pads, whereas the 'cleaner' in cleaner wax is a very light duty product.

otherwise, i'm lost as to what you are looking for, from what you typed.

Rsurfer
11-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Maybe this will help:
1. Wash with P21S
2. Clay
3. Polish
4. IPA wipe down and wax or seal
5. Instead of step 4... Use Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion to clean paint for final waxing.
If your looking for a pure cleaner then use Alcohol.