PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather prep

MrThumbs
11-11-2009, 12:42 AM
I have a winter problem with the doors freezing shut overnight after a freezing rain or after a sloppy snowy day and the temp drops overnight. I would like to know if there is something that I can put on the weatherstripping that will help to solve this problem??? I realize that this probably can't be eliminated completely but if I can cut the problem down it will help.

Last year I rubbed them down with WD 40 but it didn't seem to help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

P.S. I didn't know where to post this question. I hope this is the place.:awman:

2011wahoo
11-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Spray the seals down with a simple silicone spray, which can be purchased at Wal-Mart or any local auto parts store. Petroleum jelly such as vaseline will work as well. Be careful with WD-40, while many use it for the same purpose, it can attack and break down the seals with repeated use. :xyxthumbs:

tuscarora dave
11-11-2009, 04:47 AM
I always used CRC heavy duty silicone lubricant with great results, I also spray the seals where the door glass slide up and down in as it really makes it easy for the power window motor to do it's job. This past year I used Poorboys Trim Restorer which worked well too.

ml13
11-13-2009, 02:28 AM
Ive never used it but I think people use 1z Gummi Pfledge for this. I usually just spray them down with whatever interior protectant Im using when I clean the interior, usually Poor Boys Natural Finish.