PDA

View Full Version : Paint Cleaner

DLB
11-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Hey gang. I am looking to upgrade paint cleaners.
I have been using Mother's Pre-Wax Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/motcalgolpre.html) with satisfactory results, but I would like a little more cleaning ability. I have studied the AG Chart to get an idea of what is available:
Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm)

One thing about it is, the price on the Mother's is so low, it'll be hard to beat in that area. The closest competitors (in price) are DG 652, Collonite Sapphire and P21s. Anyone have opinions on the matter?

Again - this is for a good cleaner, not a wax, not a polish. I find some cars benefit from a cleaning after wash and before LSP to shine.

DLB

Mike Phillips
11-10-2009, 03:55 PM
These all work well by hand or with a DA polisher

SwirlX
Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer
Poorboy's SSR1
P21S GEPC

I've only used this one by hand but it worked well too...
Griot's Garage Fine Hand Polish

Megs #9 is a cleaner/polish and it works well for light cleaning also...

:)

ScottB
11-10-2009, 08:40 PM
If you are looking for a chemical based car cleaner (not a polish) consider Pinnacle Paintwork Lotion, P21S GEPC, or Dodo Lime. All clean paint and prep for wax or sealant but not dedicated polishes like those listed above.

Harleyguy
11-10-2009, 08:43 PM
I second the Pinnacle Paintwork Lotion.I haven't used any thing else that was so easy to use and gave awesome results.

DARK HORSE
11-10-2009, 09:16 PM
I second the Pinnacle Paintwork Lotion.I haven't used any thing else that was so easy to use and gave awesome results.

I also use PPCL and must say:dblthumb2:

loudog2
11-10-2009, 09:20 PM
I use both pinnacle paintworks lotion and dodo lime prime(w/abrasives).

Rsurfer
11-11-2009, 12:04 AM
I second the Pinnacle Paintwork Lotion.I haven't used any thing else that was so easy to use and gave awesome results.2nd that, I think it's better than Swissvax and that's saying a lot.

DLB
11-11-2009, 08:16 AM
OK, thanks guys. Have some PPCL sitting in my cart.

DLB

Bunky
11-11-2009, 09:34 AM
OK, thanks guys. Have some PPCL sitting in my cart.

DLB

Please report your findings..how much better than Mothers.

DLB
11-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Please report your findings..how much better than Mothers.
:xyxthumbs: Will do.

DLB

christian900se
11-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I ordered some Lusso Revitalizing Creme after seeing it produce superior results to most paint cleaners, and I too was looking for an abrasive-free cleanser so this is a win-win for me. Its fairly cheap too, but I will be using it when I get home from school which probably means tomorrow so that will be the moment of truth!