PDA

View Full Version : Simple Yet Effective Drying

AccordGuy
11-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi - I was wondering what you folks found to be a good way (product) for drying your cars after washing. I hate drying but also equally as much dislike the water spots when I decide not too. What's the easiest to use and best working towels you have found? Also, does anyone out there own the blower for this task? I was wondering if their worth the money (they seem expensive) and also if they do a good, spot free job. Thanks in advance.

TheGLL
11-10-2009, 11:57 AM
A lot of info here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/21537-leaf-blower-drying-towel.html

Nappers
11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Before I dry and after washing, I flood rinse the car. Take the sprayer off and run the water from the hose and start top to bottom and let the water run off, that should help if you don't feel like drying it off......

I just use a Microfiber towel and usually one works as you can wring it out as you go if needed, but the flood rinsing keeps the drying to a minimum and no spots!

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
11-10-2009, 12:00 PM
A lot of people use a ton of different things

I personally use a high quality WW drying towel (with some QD) for drying and maybe the aid of compressed air for the cracks and crevices.

Some people have found that blowers work great.... have not used this method yet but i dot see why it wouldn't work so it may or may not be quicker.

Some may argue that using a water blade is safe and effective (i would NEVER use this on my car but some do)

Hope that helped

DLB
11-10-2009, 01:44 PM
About the only method of drying I haven't tried is the Air Wand.

With that said, currently I used forced air (either by way of a dedicated leaf blower or compressed air) to get all the cracks, gaps, emblems, grill area, etc. water free. May even do a quick once over with the blower to get heavy water off.

Then I use a Ultimate Guzzler WW to dry the panels.

I will add that I have never seen any negative effects from the water blade, but I have also always been very careful to clean the blade with a MF after each swipe.

DLB

DLB

AccordGuy
11-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks all new things to consider. I own a blower but it's a "professional" one for the lack of a better term. It's a back pack blower that's loud and would be a PITA to get out everytime just for drying. However, powerful it is. :props:

DLB
11-10-2009, 04:20 PM
I lucked up on a free handheld gas blower that I use.
The backpack blower I have (commerical one as well) is pretty much useless for car drying.

DLB

Ryan
11-10-2009, 06:18 PM
A good coat of wax/sealant plus the flood method is great for removing the majority of water. I follow with an electric leaf blower, then a guzzler with a light spritz of FK per panel for lubrication.

ScottB
11-10-2009, 08:37 PM
pickup an electric blower at HD or Lowes ... under 50.00 and dedicate to paint. Spritz paint with quick detailer and wipe with MF Waffle Weave towel afterwards to remove any light spots. Lubrication is quick detailer and will help with less swirls too.