PDA

View Full Version : Are 2 coats always used?

drastic_detail
11-09-2009, 02:30 PM
When applying WG DGPS do you always have to use 2 coats, or is the second coat just to ensure even coverage? I mean doesn't the sealent only bond to paint, or does it also bond to itself? Also if sealents can bond to each other, can I add a more durable sealent over the DGPS/

HighEndDetail
11-09-2009, 03:44 PM
I have always done one coat. Since waiting around 12 hours for a second can be hard to do.

christian900se
11-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Once a layer has cured, you can apply another layer on top. It is good for the extra assurance that you have achieved complete coverage, and doesn't have a downside so you can definately go for it! Unless you have another LSP of choice that you would prefer to use.

ScottB
11-09-2009, 04:56 PM
one good layer or two ...complete coverage is key. Over use of any product is likely just wasted.

christian900se
11-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't think you will have issues with coverage, because DGPS spreads so easily and the residue is easily visible. The biggest challenge I find is not using too much since a little goes a very long way.

sportscarhiatus
11-09-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't think you will have issues with coverage, because DGPS spreads so easily and the residue is easily visible. The biggest challenge I find is not using too much since a little goes a very long way.

Agreed... over the years, I've learned that a thin, even coat is best, followed by another thin even coat. After the 2nd layer, the depth really comes out.

VISITOR
11-10-2009, 12:27 AM
one good layer or two ...complete coverage is key. Over use of any product is likely just wasted.

:iagree: