PDA

View Full Version : Which Air compressor for mobile detailing set-up?

Da Fats
11-09-2009, 12:54 AM
I am trying to plan out a mobile setup. Are all electric toys... with a huge gas genie an option? or things like an air compressor and leaf blower gas only options? I use both now one for drying exterior the other to blow out the cracks in the interior and to fluff the carpet between vaccumings...

So anyone with experience with this I would love your input on this with recommendations on PSI, tank size, HP, ect ect. I am going to have to get this thing into the back of the truck so size/weight is a slight issue.

I am going to be looking into a minimum of 3000watt genie to run the mytee lite I plan on ordering int he next few months.

thank you all

chris

David Fermani
11-09-2009, 07:08 PM
This is the one I have. It fits perfectly in my trunk when I need to do mobile projects and has no problem keeping up with itself.

Craftsman 1 hp. 12 gal. Portable Air Compressor (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00916640000P?vName=Tools&cName=Air+Compressors+%26+Air+Tools&sName=Air+Compressors)

Da Fats
11-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Wow! thats a biggie :) are you running it off a genie?

Harleyguy
11-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Wow! thats a biggie :) are you running it off a genie?I would guess he just plugs into the customers outlet

Da Fats
11-09-2009, 10:12 PM
I am looking at the PC compressor sold here vs a dewalt comaparable that runs 200 psi... Whats mroe important for detailing work tank volume or pressure or HP? except for blowing out the carpet between vacuuming I usually only use it in short pulses... so I was thinking higher PSI and HP with ~ 5 gal tank for portablilty reasons... and storage at my house... as I dont have a garage and I use a spare bedroom to store detialign supplies.

Showroom Shine
11-10-2009, 07:19 AM
WOW! The 12 gall is huge. That would require a truck,van, or trailer to use for mobile detailing. I carry a 6 gallon Husky. Very light and portable. I use it for mats,dust,and blowing out from under seats,vents etc. I guess if you have a way to transport it that would be OK. Too big for my mobile set up.

David Fermani
11-10-2009, 05:21 PM
I would guess he just plugs into the customers outlet

Yup, sure do.

WOW! The 12 gall is huge. That would require a truck,van, or trailer to use for mobile detailing. I carry a 6 gallon Husky. Very light and portable. I use it for mats,dust,and blowing out from under seats,vents etc. I guess if you have a way to transport it that would be OK. Too big for my mobile set up.

Nope. This compressor is pretty small. It easily fits in the trunk of my Malibu along with my 6hp RIGID vaccume, electric powerwasher, buckets and the rest of my gear. Perfect size and not real loud either. Next time you're at Sears check it out.

loudog2
11-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I use this one
PORTER-CABLE at Lowe's: 6-Gallon Air Compressor (http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=253750-70-C2002-WK&lpage=none)

Da Fats
11-12-2009, 05:47 PM
So between the 6 gal and 12 gal tank size.... I want to keep it at 150 psi minimum i read something about needing higher working PSI for alot of tools and it will be a mutli use item for me. I notice the PC 6 gallon draws signifcantly less amps... is that something to note considering I am planning a mobile setup and possibly will be running of a genie at time?