PDA

View Full Version : I don't like the FK 425 sprayer!

Pages : [1] 2

akimel
11-08-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't like it at all. The liquid comes out too big and too hard, and it literally bounces off the paint surface and splatters all over. I like the product a lot. I have not had any problems with streaking on my black car (as I occasionally have with Last Touch and Ultimate Quik Detailer). Finish Kare 425 seems to leave a slick finish, though it's hard for me to tell at this point, as I'm using it over Wet Diamond, which is very slick. But I don't like the sprayer. Has anyone else had problems with the sprayer?

Al

mchess1
11-08-2009, 07:23 PM
I just replaced the sprayer with one that provides a better (smaller drops) mist.

I have found 425 to really decrease the amount of dust I pick up in the parking garage at work. It has moved to the top of my QD list.

DARK HORSE
11-08-2009, 08:42 PM
You can purchase another spray bottle in the cleaning supply isle at walmart. They are .99 cents. Works good...

Fred114
11-08-2009, 09:01 PM
The sprayer on mine seems to always want to start backing off as I use it. But always am able to tighten it back up with no disaster. Does seem to be an uneven spray when applied. The product is fantastic though.

T Riddle
11-08-2009, 09:26 PM
AG sells lots of very high quality sprayers. You can pick up 3 of the DP sprayers for like 16 bucks right now. I usually switch all my cleaners into different sprayers.

I also love fk425. My favorite feature is that it is an anti static formula. Which discourages dust and dirt from adhering to the surface though a static charge. Love it!

Harleyguy
11-08-2009, 09:30 PM
What i do with alot of my QD that come in the large size bottles including the FK425 i transfer some to a smaller type sprayer since you really don't need to lug around the car a 32Oz bottle.I buy small misting sprayers from a place called sally beauty supply they carry all sizes and work great.

loudog2
11-08-2009, 09:35 PM
What i do with alot of my QD that come in the large size bottles including the FK425 i transfer some to a smaller type sprayer since you really don't need to lug around the car a 32Oz bottle.I buy small misting sprayers from a place called sally beauty supply they carry all sizes and work great.
Do you frequent Sally's Beauty Supplies?LOL:wow: Just kiddin Adam.

T Riddle
11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Do you frequent Sally's Beauty Supplies?LOL:wow: Just kiddin Adam.

We have a sallys beauty supply here as well! hahahahhahaha :laughing:

Harleyguy
11-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Do you frequent Sally's Beauty Supplies?LOL:wow: Just kiddin Adam.Yes and only for sprayers.And since i'm almost bald i have no need for hair spray or hair color but i do like there nail files.Im the MANIm the MAN

We have a sallys beauty supply here as well! hahahahhahaha :laughing:If you tell them i sent you they will give you a discount.:poke:

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Yes and only for sprayers.And since i'm almost bald i have no need for hair spray or hair color but i do like there nail files.Im the MANIm the MAN

If you tell them i sent you they will give you a discount.:poke:

I thought you said you go there to have your hair piece cleaned and re-attached every month.Im the MAN

Harleyguy
11-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I thought you said you go there to have your hair piece cleaned and re-attached every month.Im the MANI used too but since meeting you i don't have enough hair left to attach it too.Im the MANIm the MAN

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-08-2009, 09:52 PM
I used too but since meeting you i don't have enough hair left to attach it too.Im the MANIm the MAN

It was your choice, be smarter or have more hair, you made a great choice.Im the MAN

Harleyguy
11-08-2009, 09:58 PM
It was your choice, be smarter or have more hair, you made a great choice.Im the MANVery true but, We shouldn't high jack the post for our own entainment and now that i think i lost even more hair trying to use the KBM until you talked me out of using that also.

Rsurfer
11-08-2009, 09:59 PM
I like the sprayer that Dura Gloss has. Since the cap and thread is pretty universal, just find a spray head you like and use that for the 425. Sparkie must have a ton of empty bottles of Dura Gloss.

Harleyguy
11-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I like the sprayer that Dura Gloss has. Since the cap and thread is pretty universal, just find a spray head you like and use that for the 425. Sparkie must have a ton of empty bottles of Dura Gloss.Agreed you just need to find a spayer that you have better control and you can adjust the mist to a fine mist instead of drops coming out.