PDA

View Full Version : Tire Dressing Applicators From Harbor Freight

tenorplayer23
11-05-2009, 12:43 AM
These might have been on a previous post, but thought I'd show them anyways.

A bargain at 3 for $0.99 on sale (which everything at Harbor Freight usually is).

I use them with Opti-Bond out of the bottle............works very, very well. Not bad for 33 cents apiece. And helps make Opti-Bond look great on tires.

See ya. http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/wavey.gif

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=96730)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=13&pictureid=49

tenorplayer23
11-05-2009, 06:20 AM
................:bump2:

DLB
11-05-2009, 07:43 AM
I used them. They separated from the back in no time with me. I might have gotten through 4 or 5 vehicles with them.

DLB

TurboToys
11-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I used them. They separated from the back in no time with me. I might have gotten through 4 or 5 vehicles with them.

DLB

a can of spray adhesive should take care of reattachin them at almost no cost... i always have some laying around at least.

Emile
11-05-2009, 05:19 PM
I hate those, they are the cheap version of the Eagle One Tire Shine Applicators. The foam gets ripped off the backing quite easily, especially if the applicators have been sitting on the shelves for a long time before they are actually sold.

TonyBHPD
11-05-2009, 09:02 PM
I hate those, they are the cheap version of the Eagle One Tire Shine Applicators. The foam gets ripped off the backing quite easily, especially if the applicators have been sitting on the shelves for a long time before they are actually sold.

I've found the best applicators, for me at least, besides the Eagle One ones that the HF ones ripped off, happen to be old foam waxing pads that have are either torn or have been dropped and contaminated with ground dirt.

I do like the Eagle One ones a lot, but in a pinch, I'll just grab a new wax pad, considering they got 'em here at the Autogeek store in bulk for dirt cheap and I always have WAYYY more then I need in my mobile kit. :xyxthumbs:

tenorplayer23
11-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Sounds like a good idea......but aren't the AG pads (of any kind) really expensive for just tires???

The HF variety are 33 cents apiece. Of course, if you got yours with wax/sealant deals and they weren't purchased separately, then it's a good deal. On the other hand, the HF ones conform to the tire pretty well, unlike a round pad. I'll try these out and if the fail, well, off to the next alternative. I have 2 bucks invested in pads. No great loss. :)

But like I said, they work very well with Opti-Bond right out of the bottle.

See ya. http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/wavey.gif

I've found the best applicators, for me at least, besides the Eagle One ones that the HF ones ripped off, happen to be old foam waxing pads that have are either torn or have been dropped and contaminated with ground dirt.

I do like the Eagle One ones a lot, but in a pinch, I'll just grab a new wax pad, considering they got 'em here at the Autogeek store in bulk for dirt cheap and I always have WAYYY more then I need in my mobile kit. :xyxthumbs:

TonyBHPD
11-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm never one to turn down a cheap bargain, so I won't dismiss 'em just yet. In all reality, I've been able to get an even application of dressing on the tires simply by applying a light coat with a paint brush and working it in with a standard white shop-rag.

And then I get the customers (like my father) that love the 'dripping wet' look, which I myself don't like due to slinging and the, well, greasy look, but if the customer requests it, then I'll lay it on rather thick and work it even evenly with the paintbrush (2in and 3in brush usually), but I try to avoid the 'soaked' look if at all possible, but you know how it goes in this business...the customer is the boss.

Emile
11-05-2009, 11:41 PM

:iagree:

It has to be the foam pads though, microfiber and cotton usually absorb too much product and need lots of pressure to get them to distribute product into the tire sidewall.

I would be okay with the cheap HF tire shine applicators if they at least lasted for one use, but they usually rip off after the first or second tire. If I can't at least do all four tires, I ain't interested.

MDetail
11-06-2009, 01:30 AM
After my first foam applicator ripped apart before I got to the 4th wheel, I stopped using them. Now I use 50cent paint brushes from lowes, walmart, homedepot etc