PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wax

CEE DOG
11-04-2009, 10:09 PM
What's the word on Optimum Car Wax? Is the following claim true? Optimum is the first and only wax that contains UVA and UVB absorbers to shield your paint from all the sun’s harmful rays.
link here... Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-spray-wax.html)

Thanks in advance for the replies!

AeroCleanse
11-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Its fine, but doesn't last too long. Easy to apply though.

tenorplayer23
11-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Red will fade faster than most colors if the surface becomes damaged. Even w/the claims, how long can OCW (properties) last, especially in FL?

Do you use sun tan lotion?? How long does it last?

Personally, I have OCW, it's great stuff & I'm an Optimum guy (have it all)........but, as a "sun tan" product......maybe not. The claim is probably true, but if you apply a test of reasonableness........what do you think? In the FL sun......think garage! :)

See ya http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/wavey.gif

SRHTX
11-04-2009, 10:45 PM
What's the word on Optimum Car Wax? Is the following claim true? Optimum is the first and only wax that contains UVA and UVB absorbers to shield your paint from all the sun’s harmful rays.
link here... Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-spray-wax.html)

Thanks in advance for the replies!

I have a new bottle of the product but, I have not used it yet. I might be using it tomorrow or Friday on a Lexus RX 330. I'm in the process of switching most all of my detailing products to Optimum. I'm already loving that product. Well, I also LOVE having a new steamer as well. Makes my interior detailing time MUCH QUICKER from the way I was doing my interior work.

MoBenzOwner
11-05-2009, 09:45 AM
It's not my favorite by any means.

dublifecrisis
11-05-2009, 11:08 AM
It's a pleasure to work with and IMO is one of the better spray waxes. Can't make any claims to whether it's all marketing BS or what not. I went through one bottle of it but never replenished. I used it up quickly because the smell was awesome...LOL and was nice and slick.

CEE DOG
11-05-2009, 05:39 PM
I have the optimum QD and love it! I have the aquawax as an occasional spray wax. Use the Ultima Paint Gaurd as my sealant. Thinking of replacing the aquawax since I like optimum qd so much and the UV claims on the spray wax...

SRHTX
11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Well, there is NOW an Optimum No Rinse Special going on. LOL I guess AG knows some of us are making changes to using Optimum vs. other products. he he he

CEE DOG
11-05-2009, 06:22 PM
I have the ONR as well.
I use it as a clay lube.
Also a couple drops in my wash bucket with my Ultima wash.

ScottB
11-05-2009, 07:40 PM
For washing I like Optimum, Duragloss, Poorboys, and Zaino. All offer nice soaps with reasonable suds and great lubrication.