PDA

View Full Version : polycharger help.

Pages : [1] 2

corolla619
11-04-2009, 02:44 AM
so i have been doing alot of research on polycharger and am just about to take the plunge. I am going to buy the kit, it comes with the polycharger booster for waxes and polycharger booster for quick detailers.

i read that the h2o polycharger(for quick detailers)will not spoil. So does this mean i can add it to my quick detailer and it will be fine throughout the use of the whole bottle?

now for the ch2 polycharger for waxes. I don't like liquid waxes and am wondering if i can use this in my liquid souveran spray wax or meguiars quick wax? if so, i read that when adding this polycharger to waxes that it should be used within 48 hours and not to mix more than 3 ounces of wax with it? Does this apply with the liquid souveran spray wax and the meguiars quick wax or by adding the polycharger to the two of these will i still be able to leave it on the shelf for weeks with noissues or until the bottles are gone?

any help will be much appreciated. i am ready to order but on the fence. i will definetly get the h2o polycharger, just not sure about the ch2 polycharger.

img
11-04-2009, 09:15 AM
H2O: mix it and leave it

CH2: mix it and use it (that's why they only want you to mix what you'll use

Waxmax
11-04-2009, 10:20 AM
I polycharged my Souveran Spray wax with the H20 polycharger...bottle is now 2 years old and the product works great. As I recall both Crystal Mist and Souveran Spray take the water based polycharger.
Some liquid waxes are also water based.

corolla619
11-04-2009, 10:31 AM
thanks waxmax and img.

can anyone else clarify if i can mix my souveran spray wax with the H20 polycharger to where it will be fine months later or until my bottle of liquid souveran is gone?

also, anyone know if it will work with meguiars ultimate quick wax as to where i can treat the whole bottle and use it months later or until the bottle is gone w/out any issues?
The quick wax from what i see is a waterbased formula? its a mist on and wipe off?

Waxmax
11-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Most all spray products work with the H20 polycharger. Take a small bottle of Megs. QW and try it. I have H20 polycharged Souveran Spray (not the liquid), Crystal Mist, OCW and a variety of QDs and they work fine after 2 years.

mfortier
11-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey Guys,

Where do I locate these polycharger products/additives in Autogeek store. Any reason to add one or the other to PoorBoy's EX-P (which might already be "polycharged" from what I've been reading)?

Thanks,

Martin

corolla619
11-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Most all spray products work with the H20 polycharger. Take a small bottle of Megs. QW and try it. I have H20 polycharged Souveran Spray (not the liquid), Crystal Mist, OCW and a variety of QDs and they work fine after 2 years.

so you do have souveran spray polycharged? i thought souveran spray wax was souveran spray wax? it is a liquid form.

thanks maxwax.

Emile
11-04-2009, 06:18 PM
A liquid doesn't necessarily mean that it's only water-based or vice versa.

My order of Polycharger (both H2O and CH2) are on its way to me and should be here by tomorrow.

For example, Wolfgang DGPS needs CH2 to be polycharged and the Klasse Twins need H2O to be polycharged but all three of these sealants, when polycharged, must be used within 48 hours.

Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield, is a spray sealant that can have the bottle be Polycharged with H2O and left to sit without worrying about shelf life.

From the research I have done, Optimum Car Wax (a spray wax) needs to be Polycharged with CH2 but I have no clue if it must be used within 48 hours or not.

Ultimately, I believe you have to just dig up as much information about each specific product about whether to use CH2 or H2O and whether it has to be used in 48 hours or not.

AG no longer sells Polycharger but they still have their Polycharger pages up with explanations, dosing/mixing information, and a compatibility chart here:
Polycharger- Wax Booster (http://www.autogeek.net/polycharger.html)

Click on "Wax Compatability Chart & Mixing Instructions" to get the list of waxes/sealants that AG sells that have been tested to work at the appropriate doses.

MoBenzOwner
11-04-2009, 06:34 PM
For example, Wolfgang DGPS needs CH2 to be polycharged and the Klasse Twins need H2O to be polycharged but all three of these sealants, when polycharged, must be used within 48 hours.

It's my understanding Klasse does not need to be used quickly, and the shelf life remains unchanged on that particular product/products after polycharging with H2O.

ScottB
11-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I played with them initially ... now I prefer to buy the products (Four Star, Ultima, Pinnacle) that already contain them. There was a compatibility list some time ago to help !

Waxmax
11-05-2009, 11:51 AM
David B. has some info on polycharger on his site and whether something takes the H20 or CH2 version. I contacted Dr. G at Optimum and he said OCW is water based. I use the H20 version in Souveran Spray, but not in the Souveran liquid (according to David B. it requires the CH2).

Waxmax
11-05-2009, 12:24 PM
From re-reading the polycharger info on AG (thanks Emile for the link)and from David B. (Wax Compatibility Chart & Mixing Instructions (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/polycharger-car-wax-compatibility.html)).

It appears spray products take the H20 version (with no shelf life concerns), but the waxes/sealants even if they require H20 polycharger, should be used within 48 hours.

When in doubt...try a small amount and see if it applies appropriately.

loudog2
11-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I played with them initially ... now I prefer to buy the products (Four Star, Ultima, Pinnacle) that already contain them. There was a compatibility list some time ago to help !
Which Pinnacle product has it? I know Liquid Souvern used to, but the new bottle say nothing about it.

HighEndDetail
11-05-2009, 04:35 PM
i have only used the - h2o polycharger version so far. And have had great results

Emile
11-05-2009, 05:16 PM
David B. has some info on polycharger on his site and whether something takes the H20 or CH2 version. I contacted Dr. G at Optimum and he said OCW is water based. I use the H20 version in Souveran Spray, but not in the Souveran liquid (according to David B. it requires the CH2).

Who/what/where is the info on "David B."?

If you look at the link I posted to Autogeek's Polycharger compatibility list, it says that Optimum Car Wax needs 2 doses per ounce of CH2.

I am thinking that just because a product is water-based, doesn't mean that it doesn't contain oils. DGPS is water-based but contains silicone polymers which from my understanding means it contains oils and that's why DGPS needs to be Polycharged with CH2.

My Polycharger kit arrived today, both CH2 and H2O. I am going to try Polycharging 16oz of Menzerna HGAS with H2O and seeing how that works. I think tonight I'll only have time to try it on the windshield but over the week-end after I wash the vehicle, I will apply it to the whole vehicle and see if it affects application and if I can notice any difference in the look and slickness of the paint.