PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from the Sema Show 2009 Day 1

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

detaildave
11-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Mike, EXCELLENT pic's & coverage of the SEMA show. How many miles of walking have you logged so far??? WOW so many SWEET RIDES, Modifications, Paint Scheme's, etc. I don't know how you choose what to take a pic of, you must have alot of extra memory cards!!! Now my question to you especially with your attention to detailing & discerning EYE, have you seen anything in the show that didn't meet SEMA show quality in your opinion? So far your pic's capture some Amazing rides that shows that they are at the TOP of their game, with regard to the Shine factor. Also have you seen /witnessed any new techniques / tips / tricks, that made you think how'd they do that? I'm personally impressed when a pro like yourself is impressed.
:urtheman:
Again thanks for bringing us the SEMA show for those of us who cannot attend with the pic's & write-up.

ph16
11-05-2009, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=Mike.Phillips@Autogeek;267395]More pictures from SEMA 2008

http://www.autogeekonline.net/sema2009/IMG_3508.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/sema2009/IMG_3509.JPG

/QUOTE]
What is this car? I love the design/look of it.

Mike Phillips
11-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Mike, EXCELLENT pic's & coverage of the SEMA show. How many miles of walking have you logged so far??? WOW so many SWEET RIDES, Modifications, Paint Scheme's, etc. I don't know how you choose what to take a pic of, you must have alot of extra memory cards!!!

I have an 8 gig card and I'm taking everything on the smallest file size. We don't have time to do any cropping or rotating with our upload system so the idea is to frame up the car in landscape mode with no fluff surrounding it and then shoot.

When I get back I'll fix the duplicates and the photos that are 90 degrees off.

Now my question to you especially with your attention to detailing & discerning EYE, have you seen anything in the show that didn't meet SEMA show quality in your opinion?

First and foremost were not here to take swirl shots of the cars on display, there's plenty of swirled out cars to take pictures of but that's not what our purpose is, we're just trying to share some of the excitement of the show car quality cars that are on display for everyone that couldn't make it.

Overall I would say that the finish quality of the cars on display is higher than I've ever seen at any show and I whole heartedly believe that's due to the education power of all the detailing discussion forums helping to bring awareness of proper buffing techniques and pad and product selection to more and more people in this industry. I think we're approaching the tipping point.

o far your pic's capture some Amazing rides that shows that they are at the TOP of their game, with regard to the Shine factor. Also have you seen /witnessed any new techniques / tips / tricks, that made you think how'd they do that? I'm personally impressed when a pro like yourself is impressed.
:urtheman:
Again thanks for bringing us the SEMA show for those of us who cannot attend with the pic's & write-up.

Yes to all of the above. There's a lot of new products and tools and technology being introduced and that's what's so great about SEMA and the privilege to attend is the opportunity to get this information first hand, make new contacts and then get it out to the world.

Have to get ready to go, I'll be hitting the Central Hall this morning for some more shots before it gets crowded.

DLB
11-05-2009, 10:56 AM
What is this car? I love the design/look of it.
It is a Canadian car eh?
HTT Plethore LC 750 - Top Speed (http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/htt-plethore-lc-750-ar79047.html)

DLB

Jossy92
11-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks for thinkin' of us "troops." :)

Meghan
11-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Mike I noticed we are not seeing you much in these pictures, you have to hand over the camera and tell the boys to take a couple with you in them too!:props:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/778/medium/IMG_3492.JPG

Jason
11-07-2009, 01:28 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/779/medium/IMG_37382.JPG
Just wanted to say thanks to Anthony aka JNGBRDMAN for hanging out and helping us at the show.

OCDetails
11-07-2009, 09:59 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/779/medium/IMG_37382.JPG
Just wanted to say thanks to Anthony aka JNGBRDMAN for hanging out and helping us at the show.

My pleasure!! I had a great time and I appreciate all the advice I received from the Autogeek pros this week! It was a great week and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

That is a sign you are truely nuts about this kind of thing, by the way. I took a week off work (it has been a crazy year of 60+ hour work weeks) and to relax I went down to Vegas so I could work 8 hour days in the booth and party like a rock star for another six or seven hours. ;) This is the only vacation that I come home from NOT feeling like I need another one. Just like detailing a car, working the Autogeek booth is tough work, but incredibly relaxing and enjoyable. I can't even tell you guys what a great time I had!!

2003 GMC Denali
11-08-2009, 12:39 AM
That's a pretty cool break.

It's nice to have a Job you enjoy.

Dwayne
11-08-2009, 10:02 AM
My pleasure!! I had a great time and I appreciate all the advice I received from the Autogeek pros this week! It was a great week and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

That is a sign you are truely nuts about this kind of thing, by the way. I took a week off work (it has been a crazy year of 60+ hour work weeks) and to relax I went down to Vegas so I could work 8 hour days in the booth and party like a rock star for another six or seven hours. ;) This is the only vacation that I come home from NOT feeling like I need another one. Just like detailing a car, working the Autogeek booth is tough work, but incredibly relaxing and enjoyable. I can't even tell you guys what a great time I had!!

Anthony you are awesome. Thanks so much for helping us out again this year. :dblthumb2:

For those that don't know, Anthony and I have known each other on the forums for over 8 years now and this is the second year in a row that he has made the trip to Vegas to become a member of the Autogeek team for a week and he works just as hard as we do at the SEMA Show.

Thanks again Anthony for doing a great job and making the time to help make the Autogeek.net booth at the SEMA Show even more fun.

belcherm58
11-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Sweet. Love all the slick rides. Thanks for the pics!