PDA

View Full Version : Wheel cleaner left tough stains!!

anson89
11-01-2009, 10:33 PM
I did a BMW with some iForged wheels. Used the Poorboy's Spray and Rinse wheel cleaner and man, did it leave a tough stain that takes a long time to wash off. It's almost impossible to wash away with normal water/car wash and microfiber towels. I had to give it a good scrub using Optimum Metal polish but took most away. I thought it was eating away the clear coat. There are still some leftover stains on there, is it safe to use the metal polish and 0000 steel wool? It's on the face of the wheel and lip.

Any other suggestions on other wheel cleaners or how I should use Poorboy's Spray and Rinse?

ml13
11-01-2009, 10:45 PM
That is supposed to be some pretty strong stuff. I would only use it on badly neglected wheels. For a clear coated multi-piece wheel like that I would use P21S Gel Wheels Cleaner, Chemical Guys gel wheels cleaner, or Meguiar's Multi-Piece Wheel Cleaner. The meguiars is pretty cheap and Ive been having good luck with it, it is made for wheels with polsihed lips, chrome lips, etc. Although I only use wheel cleaner about once a month or even less frequently on my own wheels since i use a wheel glaze or sealant on them. To clean them week to week, I simply use regular car wash.

Emile
11-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Spray & Rinse is not really for aftermarket wheels, and should be spot-tested to ensure wheel safety, as per the directions.

Poorboy's always recommends following spray and rinse with soap and water to neutralize any remaining cleaners on the wheels.

You need to find a different wheel cleaner for those aftermarket wheels and the guys at Poorboy's really recommend cutting it at least 1:1 even for regular use.

ScottB
11-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I run Iforged Wheels on my Vette and they are high polished uncoated aluminum. You cannot use acid based cleaners as it will immediately damage and etch the surface. You can certainly try to polish it out. I only use P21S on the Vette wheels !