PDA

View Full Version : Trying to keep more stuff in the garage

anson89
11-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Winter's about to come up. I understand there are some products that I have keep at room temperature but I just organized my garage, bought a new cabinet and plan on keeping most of my detailing stuff in there. This will help me save space and my back from moving everything inside the house to outside. So what are the products I can actually keep in the garage, summer or winter without problems. Here's my list:

Washing:
Poorboy's Slick n Suds/Maxi Suds
Meg's Gold Wash
Poorboys' Spray and Gloss wheel cleaner
Meg's APC+
Optimum No Rinse
Meg's Ultimate Quick Detailer

Clay Magic Clay Bar

Polishes/glaze/wax/sealant:
Menzerna (Nano, SIP, Power Gloss)
Chemical Guys E-Z Glaze
Chemical Guys M-Seal
Natty's Blue Paste Wax
Clear Kote Moose Wax
Collinite 845
Duragloss Aquawax

Wheels/interior:
Poorboy's Wheel Sealant
Optimum Metal Polish
Poorboy's Bold n Bright tire dressing
Meg's Hot Shine
Leatherique Pristine
Zaino Z10
303 Protectant and Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner

Other random stuff like glass cleaners, exterior trim dressings, tire foam dressings, metal polishes etc etc.

Thanks!

DARK HORSE
11-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I would definitely avoid extreme temperatures (hot or cold). How cold will it get in your garage?

anson89
11-01-2009, 10:59 PM
I think coldest it can till about 35 degrees in the winter? I'm in Houston, TX. No extreme weather here.

C30-Mike
11-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Here is a suggestion that may work. See if you can insulate the cabinet and the garage door. This will keep the temp stable.

As for the list:

Washing:
garage
Poorboy's Slick n Suds/Maxi Suds
garage
Meg's Gold Wash
garage
Poorboys' Spray and Gloss wheel cleaner
garage
Meg's APC+
garage
Optimum No Rinse
garage
Meg's Ultimate Quick Detailer
garage
Clay Magic Clay Bar

Keep it all at stable temp
Polishes/glaze/wax/sealant:
Menzerna (Nano, SIP, Power Gloss)
Chemical Guys E-Z Glaze
Chemical Guys M-Seal
Natty's Blue Paste Wax
Clear Kote Moose Wax
Collinite 845
Duragloss Aquawax

All garage
Wheels/interior:
Poorboy's Wheel Sealant
Optimum Metal Polish
Poorboy's Bold n Bright tire dressing
Meg's Hot Shine
Leatherique Pristine
Zaino Z10
303 Protectant and Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner

DARK HORSE
11-01-2009, 11:11 PM
35 degrees would concern me. I think I would move it inside. Oh ya I already did (but then again I live in Idaho).

tenorplayer23
11-02-2009, 01:27 AM
How many days of 35F weather do you actually get in Houston? Can't be much, the average temperature must be much higher even in the heart of winter. If you have an enclosed or insulated garage I would think it would typically be substantially higher than that. If that's the case, everything can stay in the garage. Up here, 35F is a nice day HIGH, starting later in December through March 1, so it all stays indoors.

My guess is that most things will be alright, but as one of the posters says, probably good to protect the polishes/waxes. Washes, QD's are probably fines. Or, look at it this way.........what product costs you the most per ounce to replace if it is damaged?? I'd sort it that way....protect the biggest part of your investment.

Of course, that's just my opinion.......................I could be wrong! :)

See ya http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/wavey.gif

I think coldest it can till about 35 degrees in the winter? I'm in Houston, TX. No extreme weather here.

2old2change
11-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Second the idea of insulating the cabinet and garage door. Place a thermometer inside the cabinet and you will be surprised at how warm it stays.

Paul s

Meghan
11-02-2009, 09:11 AM

If you do not get extreme weather then you should be fine. In Fla we do not take anything inside!