PDA

View Full Version : ?Choosing a hot water extractor?

Da Fats
11-01-2009, 05:05 AM
What is the more important "statistic" for a hot water extractor?

I am working on a portable set up and am wondering what I should be more concerned with.... Heater Strength, Suction power, or pump PSI? it seems all the models on here vary between these three statistics and I am looking at the mytee lite, Durrmaid, and hot rod and trying to pick one but have not had any hands on with them.

Anyone that has used any of these please chime in.

TIA

Chris

Bradshaw
11-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I've owned and operated my own carpet cleaning biz, heres my advice to you. I would really try to go atleast 100 psi with any unit, it just cleans much faster than 60. You really should try to buy it from a distributor locally. If you have problems, you can drive it to them versus online you have to ship it, a hassle and alot of no machine time.

BILLY_BLING
11-01-2009, 12:09 PM
I just got an mytee lite and I love it!! I do weekend detailing as and second job and as a hobby. it works great on all the cars that I have tryed it on.

loudog2
11-01-2009, 12:16 PM
I've been on the fence for months. I researched both the Aztec and the Mytee lite. The Myee has the advantage of extra accessories. You can get the attachment for your home carpet.

WindyCity
11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
I would really try to go atleast 100 psi with any unit, it just cleans much faster than 60.

Is that 100 PSI vacuum lift you are talking about?

SRHTX
11-01-2009, 04:22 PM
I have the Aztec and have not been very impressed with it. I guess it will depend on how the owner(s) of the vehicle keeps thier carpets. Down here, no one really ever cleans thier vehicle worth a flip. I have purchased two other items that I truly love. One is the Tornador Car Cleaning Guy and a Steamer. The Steamer does a wonderful job. The Tornador does an awsome job as well, HOWEVER, if there are major stains in the carpet, I would recomend that you DO NOT USE the Tornador. It will spread coffee and other stuff all around the inside of your vehicle.

My $.02

Bradshaw
11-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Cross-American Corporation Carpet Cleaning Equipment & Chemicals | (http://cross-american.com/product_info.php?products_id=36&osCsid=3960a79dee79b564d82183948a0e5c51) I used to own this unit. Very very good. Good extractors cost some money but if you clean alot of carpet its worth it to get a good one.

Bradshaw
11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Is that 100 PSI vacuum lift you are talking about?
No, the 100psi is the amount of pressure the water pump puts out

Da Fats
11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
I guess now due to new input I have to choose between HWE or quality steamer.... i am currently using mccough steamer and LGMw/H and both need ot be upgraded in due time... I also need to buy a rotary.... or a FLEX DA to speed up exterior work... but seeing as more poeple aroudn here are more interior conscience Its a HWE or Steamer first for me

Input is greatly appricated

Chris

jlb85
11-10-2009, 06:30 AM
^ how is that combo working for you? (McC-Steamer + LGM)?

If it is really that bad that you have to replace them ASAP, then put the polishing tools on the back burner. But unless you are doing more heavy interior work I would spend the money (much less when compared to carpet extractors and steamers) on the polishing tools. If you know how to handle a rotary, I would not consider the flex. You already have a PC, a flex is slightly stronger. But the rotary is MUCH stronger, and you should be able to shave off plenty of time on your details (much more probably than you could save from buying new carpet tools).

Showroom Shine
11-10-2009, 06:38 AM
I have the Aztec Hot Rod Hot Spotter Extractor. I think if you are going to be mobile. This is a good choice. The hot water is a must when cleaning carpet,to me. Also the chemicals you use. Dri Wash n Guard Green and DP are the best I have found to use with my machine.I do not put any chemicals in the machine. AG sellls the Aztec.

Da Fats
11-10-2009, 05:54 PM
^ how is that combo working for you? (McC-Steamer + LGM)?

If it is really that bad that you have to replace them ASAP, then put the polishing tools on the back burner. But unless you are doing more heavy interior work I would spend the money (much less when compared to carpet extractors and steamers) on the polishing tools. If you know how to handle a rotary, I would not consider the flex. You already have a PC, a flex is slightly stronger. But the rotary is MUCH stronger, and you should be able to shave off plenty of time on your details (much more probably than you could save from buying new carpet tools).

I have been able to do a decent job on the interiors. The cheap McC steamer is a must have if you do any mini vans... it melts down all the sticky stuff and I suck it out with the shop vac... Cheap steam is better then no steam! It does not havt the power to do much if used through a MF cloth and is only on spot cleaning duty with carpet. I am hoping to resize some pics and post them of a mini van I did with these to machines soon so you can see the results... I used meg's APC, Folex, and DP interior cleaner (which I did not like at all - foamy and very irritating to lungs). Sorry about the lack of after pics I was rushed at the end to finish.

I need to learn the rotary befor eI put it into service... thats the reason for thinking about the carpet tools... I have people payign for full interior details atm but not paint correction.

Chris

Da Fats
11-10-2009, 05:56 PM
I have the Aztec Hot Rod Hot Spotter Extractor. I think if you are going to be mobile. This is a good choice. The hot water is a must when cleaning carpet,to me. Also the chemicals you use. Dri Wash n Guard Green and DP are the best I have found to use with my machine.I do not put any chemicals in the machine. AG sellls the Aztec.

I found a decent guide to carpet cleaning I will try to repost it here it is from Autopia and will give credit but it was (i think) a great find and I am about to purchase the chemicals listed on it to give them a try.

astrogus
11-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Im thinking of purchasing the Mytee lite 2 8070 here locally for $713.00 out the door.

T Riddle
11-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Im thinking of purchasing the Mytee lite 2 8070 here locally for $713.00 out the door.

I am thinking of doing the same. Found it locally for the same price out the door.