PDA

View Full Version : Wax over Opti-Seal

tcope
10-31-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm wondering what people think about putting wax on top of Opti-Seal. I applied Opti-Seal and the results were great. But I also have 8 tubs of Megs M16 and I just love the stuff. I want good protection over the winter months so I thought I'd try the M16 over the Opti-Seal. I've yet to move it into the sun to see how it looks but I do know that the Opti-Seal leaves a very slick surface and the M16 reduces this. Not a bad thing... it's just sealant vs wax... wax is going to leave a film as it should.

Has anyone done this... wax over Opti-Seal? What did you think? Is it a waste of time?

sparkie
10-31-2009, 11:21 AM
I've never have used wax over Opti-Seal, that said I have used DG #951 (Aquawax) few weeks later after I washed the car. It work great, no problems......I don't see any problems with wax, give it a try. Do a test spot and see if you like it and keep us updated....

tcope
10-31-2009, 11:25 AM
I applied M16 to 1/2 my hood. I'm going to take it out into the sun later today and I'll get some shots (to determine looks).

sullysdetailing
10-31-2009, 12:36 PM
You can apply 2 coats of WGPS then apply M16 over it.

tenorplayer23
10-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Just did Opti-Seal plus a coat of Collinite 845. After the Opti-Seal had cured fully, it was a very glossy shine. After the coat of Collinite, I believe it was slightly less glossy (the two products are obviously different optically/just look at the "clarity" of them). Still looks good plus has an extra coat of protection. The Collinite is so easy to apply/remove that another coat will get added if it "ever" isn't raining here in Western NY.......(and maybe some Optimum Spray Wax, as well:))

Adding the Meguiar's is an OK thing.....your results are about the same, but you'll get more longevity out of the pair, I'm sure. (With 8 tubs.....hopefully purchased on sale!!!.....you better apply it to something.........otherwise, it will be with you forever).

Of course, that's just my opinion.............I could be wrong! :)

See ya. http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/wavey.gif

I'm wondering what people think about putting wax on top of Opti-Seal. I applied Opti-Seal and the results were great. But I also have 8 tubs of Megs M16 and I just love the stuff. I want good protection over the winter months so I thought I'd try the M16 over the Opti-Seal. I've yet to move it into the sun to see how it looks but I do know that the Opti-Seal leaves a very slick surface and the M16 reduces this. Not a bad thing... it's just sealant vs wax... wax is going to leave a film as it should.

Has anyone done this... wax over Opti-Seal? What did you think? Is it a waste of time?

CharlesW
10-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Just my opinion, but I think it would be tough to improve on the look of Opti-Seal that was applied on a well prepped surface.

I do quite often use Aqua Wax when I do a rinseless wash.
I guess that is waxing over Opti-Seal, but I don't do it to improve the look of the Opti-Seal, but rather to refresh things after the wash.
I don't really know that it is necessary or even a benefit, but it's so easy to do, I just have to do it. :)

Waxmax
11-01-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm with Charles...also sometimes I'll use OCW vers.2.