PDA

View Full Version : Megs Ultimate Quik Wax/Detailer vs. UPGP

Pages : [1] 2

2011wahoo
10-29-2009, 01:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried both the new Meguiars Quik Wax or Ultimate Quik Detailer and Ultima Paint Guard Plus. I have personally used the UQD and think it is a great product as it beads up after numerous washes and looks brilliant. I have not tried UPGP, but the is a large difference in price, as 4oz of UPGP is $17, while 22oz of UQD is $13.

trek
10-29-2009, 02:12 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried both the new Meguiars Quik Wax or Ultimate Quik Detailer and Ultima Paint Guard Plus. I have personally used the UQD and think it is a great product as it beads up after numerous washes and looks brilliant. I have not tried UPGP, but the is a large difference in price, as 4oz of UPGP is $17, while 22oz of UQD is $13.

UPGP is concentrated and I quote
Ultima Paint Guard Plus is a hyper-concentrated formula. When used as directed, a single 4 ounce bottle is enough product to coat a mid-size vehicle up to 20 times.

As far as usage I cannot give an opinion on UPGP as I've yet to try it myself.

DLB
10-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with Meg's UQD streaking? I have applied it (on a clean vehicle) with a couple of different methods (including what the bottle says) and seem to always be able to find a streak or two in the direct sunlight.

Any tips?

DLB

Bradshaw
10-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Two different products entirely. Ultima is highly concentrated, so really not an apples to apples comparison in regards to Megs QD and how they are priced and the quantity in the bottle..

HighEndDetail
10-29-2009, 04:05 PM
I use the UPGP on my vehicle, and is going on 4 months strong. I do like the Megs uqd very much, I added polycharger to it. So it is even slicker, and beads like mad.

Rsurfer
10-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Two different products entirely. Ultima is highly concentrated, so really not an apples to apples comparison in regards to Megs QD and how they are priced and the quantity in the bottle..
:whs:One is a QD and the other is a sealant, day and night comparison.

ScottB
10-29-2009, 05:08 PM
I use the UPGP on my vehicle, and is going on 4 months strong. I do like the Megs uqd very much, I added polycharger to it. So it is even slicker, and beads like mad.

nice idea Ed ....

02nissanISR
10-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with Meg's UQD streaking? I have applied it (on a clean vehicle) with a couple of different methods (including what the bottle says) and seem to always be able to find a streak or two in the direct sunlight.

Any tips?

DLB

I've heard that before about the megs ultimate quick detailer but so far I've not had a problem. I either apply with one towel and flip to a dry side to buff or sometimes use 2 towels. I've also used the ultimate quick wax and that works well too if your looking for a little more protection than the detailer.

02nissanISR
10-29-2009, 05:52 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a polycharger, and what exactly does it do?

CEE DOG
10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
:whs:One is a QD and the other is a sealant, day and night comparison.

:whs:

dublifecrisis
10-29-2009, 06:39 PM
yeah down in the south, a super humid day can have 9 out of 10 QD's streaking.
But on topic, I haven't tried UPGP, but I've tried the direct competition and those are top tier products that are a notch higher than the UQD and UQW (I do have both of those as well and they are good products).

SportEL
10-29-2009, 06:54 PM

How do you add polycharger?

johntdoan
10-29-2009, 09:00 PM
where can i get a polycharger? thanks

corolla619
10-29-2009, 09:44 PM
x2^^^^where can i get polycharger? and how do you add it?

T Riddle
10-29-2009, 10:02 PM
x2^^^^where can i get polycharger? and how do you add it?

Polycharger (http://polycharger.com/)