PDA

View Full Version : Going to the happiest place on earth

astrogus
10-29-2009, 12:41 PM
This Saturday Halloween is my b-day so i figured id take advantage of Disneys get in free on your bday. Me and fiance will be heading there Saturday in Orlando, Fl hope its not too hot lol what am i saying its Florida cant expect any less.

Meghan
10-29-2009, 01:21 PM
I went in May for my Birthday, I will just tell you keep the button on that they give you when you get your ticket. I got wished many happy birthdays but everytime we ate I got a free dessert since it was my birthday... and that was nice and yummy! :hungry: Helped out in the lines too, I got to go in a bit faster and all the staff was overly nice to us. Minute you take that Happy Birthday pin off, its just back to plain old crowdy and unfriendly Disney! I actually was thinking of doing Epcot on Sunday, for the Food and Wine Festival, but its just too darn hot!

mchess1
10-29-2009, 01:55 PM
This Saturday Halloween is my b-day so i figured id take advantage of Disneys get in free on your bday. Me and fiance will be heading there Saturday in Orlando, Fl hope its not too hot lol what am i saying its Florida cant expect any less.

I thought the happiest place on earth was AutoGeek!Im the MAN

We had season tickets for 8 years and October is iffy. Looks like it will be cooler midweek, but the weekends are going to be warm to be standing in line

Peanut
10-29-2009, 02:15 PM

Happy Birthday.

Make sure you bring some Glass Cleaner, Quick Detailer and Microfiber Towels you will need them. The Bugs are bad driving to Orlando. Im going to Downtown Disney on Halloween to the House of Blues for a concert and some cold New Castle.

Im the MAN

cnfowler
10-29-2009, 04:19 PM
..I actually was thinking of doing Epcot on Sunday, for the Food and Wine Festival, but its just too darn hot!

Ha ha. Boy do I NOT miss Florida! We have several inches of snow here in Southern Colorado. In the Denver Metro area they have over 17 inches. I moved out here after 18 years in Florida. The funny thing is people in Florida think THEY live in paradise. That's awesome. They can keep thinking that. Real paradise is out here.

Colin

ScottB
10-29-2009, 05:10 PM
the weather is quite hot still, unfortunately. Up there its a bit cooler and hopefully no rain. You can also consider Halloween Horror Nites but extra cost even on birthday !

mchess1
10-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Ha ha. Boy do I NOT miss Florida! We have several inches of snow here in Southern Colorado. In the Denver Metro area they have over 17 inches. I moved out here after 18 years in Florida. The funny thing is people in Florida think THEY live in paradise. That's awesome. They can keep thinking that. Real paradise is out here.

Colin

Guess it depends on your definition of paradise. I like to fish year round and run/bicycle outside without worrying about frostbite.

If snow is your thing, then Florida is not paradise.

Gary Sword
10-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Have Fun! It suppose to be in the low 90's until Monday then cool down to the mid 80's where I live. I live south of Orlando so it may be cooler up there. We set a record of 93 today.

cnfowler
10-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Guess it depends on your definition of paradise. I like to fish year round and run/bicycle outside without worrying about frostbite.

If snow is your thing, then Florida is not paradise.

mchess1, I lived in West Palm and Boynton Beach for a couple of years. Actually wasn't that bad, just hated the traffic on I-95. I was from a small town in Northwest Florida and couldn't get use to the "big city."

Colin

rs711
10-30-2009, 03:15 AM

Colin
I have to agree. I lived most of my adult life in Colorado (Boulder, then Aspen, and then Boulder again).

Now I live in South Florida (Boca/Delray area).

I can't think of a single thing about South Florida that I really like.

"Paradise"? For me it's the mountains of Colorado. Aspen is (IMO) the "Disneyland for adults".

As a car enthusiast, the roads here are all perfectly straight. I own a Boxster, but don't know why. Not a curve to be found other than some highway on and off ramps.

Can't put the top down other than at night in the winters. Way to hot during the day and way too humid 99% of the time.

I've been here over 10 years now and still kick myself for having ever made the move (for a good job, but making money in a place I hate hasn't been worth it. Only reason I've stayed is I am a single dad (widowed) and don't want to put my son through a move until he's finished with school.

Peace,
R.

Gary Sword
10-30-2009, 05:25 AM

Colin

No thanks! You coundn't pay me enough money to ever live out there. It really sucks trying to drive a sports car in 2' of snow.

mchess1
10-30-2009, 06:07 AM
Places in Colorado got up to 36" of snow yesterday.

That's the beauty of America, there's a paradise here somewhere for everyone.

I am much happier looking at pictures of snow while fishing off my kayak in January.

Back to the thread .... enjoy your weekend in Disney. Drink lots o' water and put on the sunscreen.

cnfowler
10-30-2009, 11:58 AM
I have to agree. I lived most of my adult life in Colorado (Boulder, then Aspen, and then Boulder again).

Now I live in South Florida (Boca/Delray area).

I can't think of a single thing about South Florida that I really like.

"Paradise"? For me it's the mountains of Colorado. Aspen is (IMO) the "Disneyland for adults".

As a car enthusiast, the roads here are all perfectly straight. I own a Boxster, but don't know why. Not a curve to be found other than some highway on and off ramps.

Can't put the top down other than at night in the winters. Way to hot during the day and way too humid 99% of the time.

I've been here over 10 years now and still kick myself for having ever made the move (for a good job, but making money in a place I hate hasn't been worth it. Only reason I've stayed is I am a single dad (widowed) and don't want to put my son through a move until he's finished with school.

Peace,
R.

R,

I completely agree with everthing you said. You are spot on. People who have been in Florida their whole lives have no idea what they are missing. Besides, who wants to live in a state where over 1,000 people a day make the move there? Way too over crowded in my opinion.

Colin

cnfowler
10-30-2009, 12:02 PM
That's the beauty of America, there's a paradise here somewhere for everyone.

I am much happier looking at pictures of snow while fishing off my kayak in January.

:props: My parents would completely agree with you. That's why they'll live in Florida until they die.

Happy early birthday to the OP. Hope Disney is awesome and not overcrowed for you.

Colin