PDA

View Full Version : Collinite durability

vinceAccordV6
10-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Just wondering what makes Collinite such a durable wax. Is it just the higher percentage of nuba or is there something else to it? Why can't beauty waxes last this long?

Matt
10-29-2009, 05:11 AM
Are you talking about the insulator wax?

Gary Sword
10-29-2009, 05:13 AM
I'm not sure what they put in it but I don't think it's a higher % of carnauba wax that makes it so durable.

Matt
10-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Well I see you guys are just getting up! I'm just about to go to bed for the night and was thinking about this while brushing my teeth, my guess is that they combine, maybe Carnauba? with some other sort of wax or something (I'm not really sure what else) that is very durable, and that the durable something holds the Carnauba on the paint for a longer time and stops it from evaporating.

I really would be interested to know what makes it last so much longer because I doubt it contains polymers like Fuzion.

bmw5541
10-29-2009, 08:45 AM
There still seems to be so much confusion as to wheather it is a sealant or a wax.

BuckeyeR/T
10-29-2009, 08:52 AM
I hope it lasts. I just put 915 on last week. I plan on one more application in the next week, so I hope I will get through the winter.

agpatel
10-29-2009, 09:07 AM
I have a feeling that 845 is not a pure wax but has some sealant properties to it. Reason it last so long, who knows...they seem like some old school formula's and newer wax's coming to market may not want to use those products or what not...All I know is i have 845 and happy with it.

vinceAccordV6
10-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Some people refer to it as a sealant. I was wondering if it's really some wax/sealent hybrid. The manufacturer claims it's got a high carnuba content but so do other waxes. This just seems to edge out every nuba wax out there in terms of durability. I just picked up some 915. I haven't used it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I've been using SSII on my metallic silver car and love it, but durability in the hot humid Florida weather is not great. I'm getting about 4 weeks. I don't mind waxing my car frequently, but with small childern and a busy work schedule, it's hard to find the time for that extra step. I'm hoping the 915 will look good and reduce my need for frequent application.