PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between Meg's APC & APC+?

kb2ehj
10-27-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm sure this has been asked/answered before, but doing a quick search didn't get me anything.

What's the difference between Meg's APC & APC+?

Mike Phillips
10-27-2009, 07:57 AM
I'm sure this has been asked/answered before,

That's an understatement... :D

Hang on, let me see if I can find something I've already typed up and copy and paste it...

:)

Mike Phillips
10-27-2009, 08:01 AM
All Purpose Cleaner Plus
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2260_AllPurposeCleanerPlus.jpg

Meguiar’s All Purpose Cleaner Plus is a true all surface cleaner ideally suited for today’s fast paced, high volume, detail operations where one simple solution is needed for a wide variety of cleaning needs. It provides mixtures for heavy cleaning of engines and tires, fast interior cleaning, as well as a low foaming ratio for use in carpet and upholstery extraction machines. Leaves carpet clean, smelling pleasant, and the fibers soft with no sticky residue. Safe for clear plastic, glass and leather.

(Low foaming is important if you're using an extractor)

Dilution: Water: Degreaser
Heavy-Duty Strength: 4:1
Medium-Duty, interiors: 10:1
General cleaning, cold water extractors: 20:1
General cleaning, hot water extractors: 64:1

All Purpose Cleaner

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/10082300_All_purpose_Green_.jpg

Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner is ideal for reconditioning interior surfaces. The superior foaming action gently lifts the dirt away while its unique blend of fabric softeners and optical brighteners enhance the look and feel of carpet, upholstery, vinyl and even leather.

Medium Duty Degreasing 10:1
Heavy Duty Degreasing 4:1

kb2ehj
10-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks Mike - That is exactly what I was looking for.

Mark

Mike Phillips
10-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Here's something else I wrote on this topic,

D10301 All Purpose Cleaner Plus

Designed to be low foaming for use in carpet and upholstery extraction machines.
Diluted at the same levels it's stronger than APC.
Lower cost per ounce compared to APC.

D10101 All Purpose Cleaner

More foaming which helps visually when cleaning carpets by hand and brush. It's important to note that in the detailing industry this is an important factor so a person can tell where they're working on a segment of carpet or upholstery.
Fabric softeners and brighteners.
Not as strong as APC+
Higher cost per ounce compared to APC+

:)

Alex22
03-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Hmm, if you had to use one or the other by hand, no ectractor, is normal Apc better, or will apc+ clean more? I want to order one or the other, at first I though APC+ was better in general and did all the cleaning, vinyl, upholstery, etcc a bit better than apc, am I wrong?

CWallace
03-08-2013, 09:18 PM
APC+ all the way.... I use it for everything from fender wells, tires, door panels and carpet! I use a 4 to 1 and a 10 to 1 ratio pretty much covers all my needs!!

Alex22
03-08-2013, 09:55 PM
APC+ all the way.... I use it for everything from fender wells, tires, door panels and carpet! I use a 4 to 1 and a 10 to 1 ratio pretty much covers all my needs!!
Thanks Bud.