PDA

View Full Version : Help Please.......Meguiars Final Detail

Padron
09-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi,

I am trying to help a friend locate a product by Meguiars, It's called Final Detail Product # FD - D-5101 or D-5105, I have not tried it but it's a Pink QD product, I guess Meguiars stopped making it awhile ago. ( He loves the stuff )

Anyway, he's tryin to find it, so I said I would ask around.... He will take any amount you can find.

He also posted on autopia that he looking for some. He autopia user name is Rockpick.

Thanks!!

06CivicSi
09-28-2006, 10:49 PM
i purchased a gallon of it last week at the local napa for $20. i am happy with it so far. not really alot of cleaning power.

Padron
09-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Hi 06CivicSi,

Are you sure it was Final Detail and not Final Inspection or Last Touch?

If it is Final Detail I think the part # is FD-D-5101 or D-5105
Can you get anymore? Do you want to sell any of what you've got?

My buddy needs his juice.....:D

Thanks

It would be Awesome if Autogeek had a 5 gallon jug of this collecting dust....although I think he said it was disco'd about 1.5 years ago..

joe.p
09-28-2006, 11:39 PM
I dont think its Megs Last Touch,btw last touch is pink, i picked up my 2nd gallon a month ago ..

wytstang
09-29-2006, 12:06 AM
IIRC Final Inspection took Final Detail

blkyukon
09-29-2006, 12:31 AM
Hi,

I am trying to help a friend locate a product by Meguiars, It's called Final Detail Product # FD - D-5101 or D-5105, I have not tried it but it's a Pink QD product, I guess Meguiars stopped making it awhile ago. ( He loves the stuff )

Anyway, he's tryin to find it, so I said I would ask around.... He will take any amount you can find.

He also posted on autopia that he looking for some. He autopia user name is Rockpick.

Thanks!!

Good luck, you're right it hasn't been around for ~ 1.5-2yrs.

It's not the same as Final Inspection/Last Touch...far better.

I bought a gallon before they discontinued it and I have about 8oz. left. It is still one of my favorite QD's, no streaking and leaves a great finish.

Good luck on your quest. FWIW Pinnacle Crystal Mist yields a close resemblance to FD...not as cheap though.

Padron
09-29-2006, 08:22 AM
Thanks Guys,

Hopefully he'll find some, I know what's it's like to try and track down a product you like that's discontinued.

And if he can't find it, atleast there alot of great QD's on the market now....

Thanks again...

Meghan
09-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Thanks Guys,

Hopefully he'll find some, I know what's it's like to try and track down a product you like that's discontinued.

And if he can't find it, atleast there alot of great QD's on the market now....

Thanks again...
Always try ebay first, I have found that Meg #16 pops up there a lot, I think people must stock up on discontinued items just waiting for someone to be desperate enough! And by the way I looked no dusty gallon of it here!! :p

Padron
09-29-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks for looking Meghan!!

He said earlier this year he saw a 5 gal jug of it on ebay, but for some reason he didn't get it. It may have been the last one...

I guess his search will continue.

Thanks to all. :D

Padron
09-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Hi 06CivicSi,

Are you sure it was Final Detail and not Final Inspection or Last Touch?

If it is Final Detail I think the part # is FD-D-5101 or D-5105
Can you get anymore? Do you want to sell any of what you've got?

My buddy needs his juice.....:D

Thanks..
Hi 06CivicSi,

Is there a part number on your receipt from Napa? He said he went there but they couldn't find it in their system...

He is dying for this stuff.......( pink QD crack ) LOL..

06CivicSi
09-29-2006, 10:17 AM
they charged me for the final inspection because he had the same problem. the final detail had been sitting on the shelf for 8 months the guy said. it had alot of dust on it and he gave me a deal.:awesome:

Padron
09-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Cool,

Thanks, let me know if you can get more / want to sell any...... His post looking for it is on Autopia.. You can deal with him directly there..... His user name is Rockpick...

Padron
09-29-2006, 10:31 AM
I dont think its Megs Last Touch,btw last touch is pink, i picked up my 2nd gallon a month ago ..

Joe, do you like last touch? I may have to try it... How is it compared to 425?