PDA

View Full Version : durable tire dressing

Pages : [1] 2 3

vinceAccordV6
10-26-2009, 09:23 PM
I was wondering what everyone’s experience has been with products claiming to provide a durable shine on tires. I haven’t found one that actually fits the bill. I’d like to try something that actually lasts weeks not days. My experience has been that the shine generally doesn’t last long.

GMC83
10-26-2009, 09:31 PM
I like Meguiars ASD.

kb2ehj
10-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Is ASD better then Meguiars Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel?

C30-Mike
10-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Forever Black. Do not know how much shine you need but it last VERY long.

Matt
10-27-2009, 02:15 AM
I personally like the Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel (http://www.autogeek.net/piblontigel.html).

Infact I like it so much I bought 64oz of it last order even though I'm not even half way through my 16oz bottle.

A little goes a LONG way, and if you apply it thinly to clean tires, after an hour of curing/ drying it does not sling and has a nice look to it (no need to buff if applied correctly). It also last pretty decently as well.

If it's dry all week, then by the time the weekend rolls around again, it looks like I just applied it and even if it rains for several days in a row it still looks pretty good.

This stuff is marvelous!

Dibbuz
10-27-2009, 02:17 AM
Wolfgang Black Diamond (same as Onyx?) or Mother's Reflections Tire Care (both non-glossy products) It's very important to clean your tires before you apply a dressing.

Mike Phillips
10-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Since this isn't really a review, it's a question by the OP I'm going to move it out of Product Reviews and into Detailing 101

(Forum Maintenance)

:)

DLB
10-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Surf City Garage Beyond Black.
A little goes a long ways, and you can take it from matte to shiny with multiple apps. My most recent treating was about 2 weeks ago and my tires are still looking good - through rain and dry.

DLB

vinceAccordV6
10-27-2009, 09:15 AM
I've tried Megs Gold Class Endurance High Gloss but I find that the gloss doesn't really last long. After a few days I'm left with a clean matte finish. I like the high gloss look. I'm not sure if any of the premium dressings are any better.

Tesla
10-27-2009, 09:57 AM

I have and use both, and find GC Endurance better and longer lasting IF you apply it twice.

What I do is wash the tire walls very well with some APC and a coarse brush, rinse and dry. I think apply a fairly thick coat with a foam applicator and let it sit for about 10 minutes. I wipe off the excess with a clean foam applicator (more "re-spreading" than wiping I suppose). I follow this up with another pass which I let sit and wipe with cheapy MF.

I get great shine and it lasts. Two weeks in bad weather, even longer if there is no rain.

vinceAccordV6
10-27-2009, 10:47 AM
I'll give this a try. Maybe I'm not letting it sit long enough before wiping off the excess.

DLB
10-27-2009, 12:11 PM
I like the high gloss look. I'm not sure if any of the premium dressings are any better.Since you like high gloss, I have found none better that lasts longer than...Black Magic Titanium Tire Wet Gel!
Not a premium brand - but the gloss is insane - and it will last a LONG time. It is a bit of a magnet though.

DLB

98my1stvette
10-27-2009, 12:35 PM
I like Meguiars High Endurance

sullysdetailing
10-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Dont use Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel it has silicone in it. I would get Megs ASD or Hyper Dressing. Megs Hyper Dressing is my personal favortie

sullysdetailing
10-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Delete repost