PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Speed Master Wheel brush

08krewkab
10-26-2009, 01:52 PM
I have a question..... can I use my daytona speed master wheel brush to wash door jams?? will it scratch the paint?

Thanks

Nappers
10-26-2009, 02:42 PM
I would have to say no it won't hurt your door jambs. I use a brush from another company I bought and the old Meguiar's yellow spoke brush until my supply ran out and I love the Daytona Brush! I plan on buying another just for door jambs and hard to get to areas in the engine bay!

08krewkab
10-27-2009, 10:24 AM
so then its safe?

dublifecrisis
10-27-2009, 10:36 AM
i wouldn't use a bristled instrument on a cars painted surface. If you're talking just in the area where the hinges are then you might make an exception but I'd rather use a good APC and a microfiber. For the tight areas, maybe q-tips or the smallest foam tipped paint brushes. I don't even use bristled brushes on the outside of my wheels, only the barrel.

08krewkab
10-27-2009, 10:44 AM
so the Daytona brush should only be used for the barrel of the wheels and the engine then...... doesnt it say it wont scratch?

Nappers
10-27-2009, 01:19 PM
I've scrubbed pretty hard with it, and it's soft. Some wheels are as delicate as paint on your car, so I wouldn't worry about it if your doing the door jambs (hinged area that is) and I use a wash mitt on the rest of the door jamb.

They are pretty soft. I think it's better built and softer than the Meguiar's Yellow spoke brush and way softer than the SM Arnold spoke brush that is currently my engine bay/door jamb duty brush.

08krewkab
10-27-2009, 01:26 PM
thanks Nappers.... yeah and it is only going to be use in the hinged area since its hard to get too...thanks for your help...