PDA

View Full Version : Recommend an environmentaly friendly tire cleaner

sqeekykleen
10-25-2009, 09:44 PM
What is a good environmentaly friendly tire cleaner? I guess that I'm looking for something that does not have the long chemical names that are hazardous. I know that Wesleys Bleache White contains these chemicals, it also could harm the tires over time.

cnfowler
10-26-2009, 01:24 AM
I've used this for many years. It is BioDegradable. Dilute it 3:1 for tires. It really does an excellent job of getting all the brake dust and grime off the tires. I use it under the hood, wheel wells, etc. It can be found at Wal-Mart and auto parts stores. You can buy it by the gallon for less than $8 at Wal-Mart.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Castrol_Super_Degreaser.jpg

Colin

CharlesW
10-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Poorboy's Bold N Bright is water based, but I don't know that it is truly environmentally friendly.

Many people don't realize it, but BnB is a good cleaner as well as a dressing.
I spray it on, scrub with a brush, and wipe the tire with an old terry towel.
That leaves the tire with a matte black finish which happens to be my preference.
I think you can apply more to get the shiny look.
I don't care for shiny tires so I have never tried it that way.

One qualifier. I don't work on any cars that have really crappy tires and I do mine every time I wash the vehicles.

Blackfire
10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
What is a good environmentaly friendly tire cleaner? I guess that I'm looking for something that does not have the long chemical names that are hazardous. I know that Wesleys Bleache White contains these chemicals, it also could harm the tires over time.

Are you saying you don't want to have to wear a respirator when cleaning the tires and wheels? :eek:

Sparkly Soap works. But, I prefer APC+ at 4:1. I like to get 'er done quick.