PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401 and Edge Pads?

alexjn1
10-25-2009, 08:18 AM
I currently have a PC (non XP) that I use with 4 inch LC pads.

I would like to go to a 6 inch pad for the Flex on large areas and use the PC for small areas.

I am curious about how people like the Flex 3401 with the Edge Pad System.

How do you like the system?

Do you have to clean the pads differently from a LC pad?

Or should I stay with a standard backing plate and LC pads?

All input is appreciated.

I do not currently own a Flex but it is on my wish list and if the day comes that there is a good sale on them I am going to pounce. In the meantime however I am simply gathering information about the Flex 3401 and pad options.

Thanks.

loudog2
10-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Like you stated, I use the flex for the main areas. I use the PC with the 4" pads for bumpers, pilars and around sunroofs. If you want to spend the extra money for the edge system, it's up to you. I just use what I have.

unclestu
10-25-2009, 10:32 AM
I currently have a PC (non XP) that I use with 4 inch LC pads.

I would like to go to a 6 inch pad for the Flex on large areas and use the PC for small areas.

I am curious about how people like the Flex 3401 with the Edge Pad System.

How do you like the system?

Do you have to clean the pads differently from a LC pad?

Or should I stay with a standard backing plate and LC pads?

All input is appreciated.

I do not currently own a Flex but it is on my wish list and if the day comes that there is a good sale on them I am going to pounce. In the meantime however I am simply gathering information about the Flex 3401 and pad options.

Thanks.

I have the Flex 3401 that I purchased from AG as a kit with the 6.5" pads. As my car seems to have more small areas than large ones I chose to get the Edge Flex adapter and some Edge 4" pads. I like the system very much as it's ease of use makes it literally a snap to change pads. The pad is always correctly centered on the backing plate and the fact that the pads are double sided allows you to go twice as long before the need for cleaning/changing.
The pads clean up just as easily as my LC pads via my grit guard pad washer. I have a good number of unused LC pads still in the plastic that I will be exchanging for the 6" Edge pads. Unless you have a substantial number of LC 4" pads already if you do in fact go with the Flex why would you want to continue to use am outdated machine if you don't have to?