PDA

View Full Version : An old Canuck

billvernon
10-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi!

I'm a 76 year old guy who lives happily with my wife of 50 years in the little one-stoplight town of Thornbury in central Ontario. This is "Vacation Country" on Georgian Bay so we have skiing in the winter & boating in the summer. But I'm not stupid enough to stay here for the winter....we go to Florida for 4 months.

I have an '04 Infiniti Coupe with 40,000 kilometers or about 25,000 miles on it which was given to us by our son when he bought a Porsche convertible. (I know......it shocked the #### out of me!)

Anyway....I'm interested in detailing my car....don't have a pc so if you have suggestions about products to use by-hand to remove some slight swirls & make my paint pop then I'll appreciate your advice.

Be well &.......enjoy!

Bill

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
10-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the site Bill....Removing swirls from your paint by hand is a bear to do....If you want to make your paint shine by hand I would suggest using an all in one (AIO) product like polish with sealant Poorboys World Polish with Sealant, Poorboys PWS, paint sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-polish-sealant.html) it is very easy to use by hand and will make your finish pop while leaving a coat of protectant behind....you can use it in the sun or shade.

If you want to take a shot at removing the swirls PB Pro Polish Poorboy's Professional Polish: Now Poorboy’s Professional Polish is creamy”, making it more user-friendly and a real pleasure to apply! poorboys (http://www.autogeek.net/pbpp16.html) with a cotton terry towel should do the trick.... another very easy product to work with. This will also shine the paint up but will not leave anything behind to protect the finish so you will need to follow it up with a wax or sealant....

Another idea is to polish the finish up and than put a glaze over it to help hide the swirls while giving the finish a boost in gloss depth and shine...

-Pockets

billvernon
10-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks very much for the recommendations....I appreciate it.

Be well.

Bill

vwgtivw
10-24-2009, 10:35 PM
:welcome:to the forum