PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO + SG = Holograms?

Pie
10-24-2009, 03:08 AM
I used these 2 products and noticed lots of holograms after applying them. I think I may have used to much product or missed a step. It's my first time using Klasse. Here's the process I used:

1. ONR wash with 2 bucket method
2. Clay bar with Meguiars
3. Klasse AIO
4. Klasse SG

When I wipe product off I use 2 towels. I wipe the whole car down, then come back again with a clean MF towel and wipe the whole car again. I think I read that people rewash the car after applying polish. Should I have done this?? How should I correct it? This is on my friend's car who doesn't really care, but I'd like to know for future uses. Thanks

NotZeroSix
10-24-2009, 03:39 AM
What kind of pad? An aggressive pad might lead up to holograms as you stated. Or didnt prime the pad before polishing. And/Or the 2nd MF wasnt the highest of quality and led to micro marring.

ScottB
10-24-2009, 06:56 AM
neither of the Klasse products are polishes and neither should introduce any real marring. Klasse AIO is a chemical based cleaner with acrylic protection. Klasse SG is a pure sealant.

Now SG is a bear to remove in over application and might look the part of holograms if it wasnt all removed. Transfer some to a small travel size spray bottle (get them at Walmart). Spritz each panel once, take MF towel and spread around, flip towel and buff off immediately. Now allow 8-24 hours to cure.

Pie
10-24-2009, 11:07 AM
neither of the Klasse products are polishes and neither should introduce any real marring. Klasse AIO is a chemical based cleaner with acrylic protection. Klasse SG is a pure sealant.

Now SG is a bear to remove in over application and might look the part of holograms if it wasnt all removed. Transfer some to a small travel size spray bottle (get them at Walmart). Spritz each panel once, take MF towel and spread around, flip towel and buff off immediately. Now allow 8-24 hours to cure.

I was at Walmart a few days ago and forgot to pick it up ( I've read other posts). I went ahead and tried it anyways. So I'm guessing it's impossible to buff out the holograms at this point.

I bought the Klasse kit and applied by hand with the supplied applicator pads.