PDA

View Full Version : UPS ugh

Smokin
10-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Now I now why everybody moans about UPS. I made an order and it was shipped and was in transit on time. Never showed so we call to make sure they were gonna still deliver. Well here is our answer no they smashed the box in transit and it leaked they could not read addresses on the box to find out what was in it. So they treated it like a hazmat leak and we no what that means. They flushed my order now what. HELP MEGHAN :awman:

autodromo
10-23-2009, 04:00 PM
sorry to hear that man. but i work for ups and they should pay AG to replace the items and the cost of shipping. if you complain to ups saying that you need it NOW they should next day air for free. hope all goes well and this helps you out

loudog2
10-23-2009, 04:25 PM
They should change the name from UPS to OOPS!

tenorplayer23
10-23-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm sure AG has a super contract with UPS, but wish they'd switch to FedEx ground. They are so much better and truly faster. Maybe the coverage is an issue..............but, FedEx is my go to shipper. At least for me as an individual, rates are better as well.

But that's just my opinion...................I could be wrong! :)

See ya.

Evolve
10-23-2009, 05:02 PM
I've had the opposite experience. While living in Rochester I hated getting FedEx packages because they would always refuse to leave them inside the door, and even though I lived right next to a FedEx/Kinko's office center, they would not drop the packages off there for me to pick up and always made me drive 30 minutes outside of the city to collect my packages. Due to my work hours UPS used to let me come in to collect packages at any UPS building I selected before they were even open.

This has been my experience since moving back to Oklahoma as well. Living out in the country the UPS guys have no issue leaving packages behind the house as long as you leave a note ahead of time. We recently had a package that FedEx shipped that they refused to leave even though we requested that they either leave the package or deliver at different times. We ended up having to drive 30 minutes into a different state to pick it up at the sorting facility.

As far as damage...from seeing 300 packages a day come into the Kodak repair center from USPS, DHL, UPS, and both FedEx's (Ground trucks are owned privately by the drivers and Air trucks are owned by FedEx) there isn't a single one of the companies who treat packages any better than the others....they all toss packages around with little regard for the contents.

2003 GMC Denali
10-23-2009, 06:11 PM
When I order Liquid products, I pray to God that it makes it here OK.

loudog2
10-23-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm sure AG has a super contract with UPS, but wish they'd switch to FedEx ground. They are so much better and truly faster. Maybe the coverage is an issue..............but, FedEx is my go to shipper. At least for me as an individual, rates are better as well.

But that's just my opinion...................I could be wrong! :)

See ya.
You can request Fedex if you want. UPS is the default shipper. You can even use the USPS.

2003 GMC Denali
10-23-2009, 07:10 PM
USPS is what I like to use from the USA to Canada !

Harleyguy
10-23-2009, 07:34 PM
You should see the size of the UPS truck that pulls into Ag to pickup the items going out.I think now they have a UPS trailer parked onsite.I think you get pot luck with any carrier these days we use Fed-Ex,UPS and USPS at my shop and there is always something going wrong.

Smokin
10-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Well the first time for me having a problem with UPS in about 10 years. The wife and me do a lot of online shopping. Now if only Meghan will answer my post.

loudog2
10-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Well the first time for me having a problem with UPS in about 10 years. The wife and me do a lot of online shopping. Now if only Meghan will answer my post.
PM or email her for a faster answer.

Smokin
10-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Just got off phone with Meghan. The package will be resent on monday let us hope. THANK YOU MEGHAN @ AUTOGEEK for awesome service. Again thank you:dblthumb2:

JRD
10-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Bummer about your first package, hope the second one makes it A-OK:xyxthumbs: