PDA

View Full Version : Brinkmann Maxfire vs LED flashlights

Pages : [1] 2 3

anson89
10-22-2009, 11:21 PM
I understand the Brinkmann Maxfire is 4 years old and everyone has got some great reviews on it. What do you think of this vs the LED flashlights you can find at Pepboys?

Mirror Detailing
10-23-2009, 12:07 AM
good question...I am interested in a answer!

O.C.Detailing
10-23-2009, 06:55 AM
If you do go with an LED flashlight, you really should stick with super-bright LED flashlights that put out 150+ Lumens or 3 or more Watts of power...I bought a Brinkmann, but had to return it because it wouldn't charge. When I went to return it, the customer service person said that 3 other people had returned the same light in the last week for the same reason. I went back and picked up a 3 watt Maglight Super-bright LED flashlight that's working really well for $25. If I had my choice, I'd go with the $45 lights as the light they put out and the size of the housing are both pretty amazing. Target has a light with a 225 Lumen rating...I want that one, but only in the near future. Good luck, this is something I've been fighting with too. lol

bige441
10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
I just got the fenix tk 11 r2 and this light blew me away. Partnered with 1000 watt halagens and the shop lights in the garage, this light will give a pretty good idea what you have to work with. Not to mention that the light is small, rugged, and it throws a bright beam about 200 yards. This is a really good all around flash light for around $100.

Lowprofile
10-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Just added a Viridian Green Laser/light to My HK .45 Compact. Has a nice white light LED at 100 lumens and 150 lumen strobe.

Surefire makes some of the best flashlights out there but it may be more than one needs as they are not cheap. I like this one. But for $425 I think I will pass...

SureFire High Power Flashlights - M6® Guardian® (http://www.surefire.com/M6-Guardian)

Calais
10-28-2009, 04:34 PM
I've had limited luck with LED's. The LED's that I've used so far do a so-so job of highligting scratches but only in a very small area and only to a limited extent. I would suggest taking advantage of Home Depot's halogen light sale. They have a 1000w dual light set up with tripod for $24 including tax. It highlights the swirls extremely well and is great when working at night (when using someone else's power source of course). :xyxthumbs:

anson89
10-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys!

What I'm looking for is something that's affordable, finds imperfections indoors and most importantly outdoors for potential customers that I meet at car shows, meets. This also shows the "professionalism" and attitude I have towards my work and perhaps giving them a good look at their paint.

VR8
10-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys!

What I'm looking for is something that's affordable, finds imperfections indoors and most importantly outdoors for potential customers that I meet at car shows, meets. This also shows the "professionalism" and attitude I have towards my work and perhaps giving them a good look at their paint.

I agree with the professionalism anson. Nothing more convincing than showing them the swirls quickly and discreetly. A small LED flashlight is perfect for that. It's good to be tactful when showing them how bad their car looks though.

anson89
10-28-2009, 07:24 PM
I agree with the professionalism anson. Nothing more convincing than showing them the swirls quickly and discreetly. A small LED flashlight is perfect for that. It's good to be tactful when showing them how bad their car looks though.

Exactly, the Brinkmann Maxfire seems to work fine indoors from reading the reviews. But something that's great for both indoors/outdoors, not sure which LED is good.

Rsurfer
10-28-2009, 07:57 PM
I just got the fenix tk 11 r2 and this light blew me away. Partnered with 1000 watt halagens and the shop lights in the garage, this light will give a pretty good idea what you have to work with. Not to mention that the light is small, rugged, and it throws a bright beam about 200 yards. This is a really good all around flash light for around $100.
The Fenix TK 11 r2 is an excellent light. Don't be fooled by lumens. I got a 600 lumens and it doesn't come close to the Fenix.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-28-2009, 08:37 PM

I have the same Fenix and it is hands down, thee best light I have ever used... (I have gone through a couple brinkmans).

AeroCleanse
12-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Anyone know of any retailers that sell the Fenix?

mchess1
12-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Never used a Fenix and it sounds like a nice light. However it is probably unfair to compare a $75 flashlight to a $30 flashlight.

My brinkman has it's limitations, but I know what it is good for.

Rsurfer
12-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Never used a Fenix and it sounds like a nice light. However it is probably unfair to compare a $75 flashlight to a $30 flashlight.

My brinkman has it's limitations, but I know what it is good for.The OP post was Brinkman vrs. LED... no cost mentioned.

Rsurfer
12-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Anyone know of any retailers that sell the Fenix?Never seen them in stores only on line.