PDA

View Full Version : Light swrill removal

Silver Fox
09-28-2006, 12:06 PM
lMy plan is to wash, clay,buff,polish,and seal. At what point in this seqence should I attack swrills, and what is the best product to use with a pc 7424. I have bright silver paint on a 06 Magnum.
Thanx 4 the advice.

joe.p
09-28-2006, 12:32 PM
your plan of attack sounds fine,do you have any Swirl Mark Removers ,Polish etc if so can you list the products by brand. Affter you clay is when you would do a swirl removal..

wash
clay
smr
polish if needed . this will depend on how aggressive you will have to go to remove any swirls. On light metalic you can probably use a light one step polish then wash & seal.

FloridaNative
09-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Your process looks good to me. What products are you using? For the polish remember to take it slow. Bring a timer out there with you to keep track of the time. Work each section about 5 minutes to let the polish breakdown thoroughly. Don't forget to post pics of all your hard work. :)

Silver Fox
09-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm useing Meguiers Clay with Meg Detail Spray for lube, ( I need you to suggest the best srwl remover you know of), Eagle Nano wax to polish and Extreme Top Coat 3x Carnauba to seal. What do you think?

Silver Fox
09-29-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm useing Meguiers Clay with Meg Detail Spray 4 lube, (I need you to suggest the best swrl remover you know), Eagle Nano Wax 4 polish and Extreme Top Coat 3x Carnuaba to seal. What do you think?

ScottB
09-30-2006, 08:14 AM
buffing and polishing are redudant ... at least by definition. You want to polish (abrade) the surface. I personally would also toss Nano Wax but thats your choice.

Wash --- Clay --- Polish --- Protect

For the polishing step I would try Red Moose Glaze and the go to the Xtreme top coat. You'll get nice wetness and protection. Now if your swirls are more than topic (light) then move to XMT 2 or Poorboys SSR 2.5 before the RMG.

Silver Fox
09-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Killr,
out of all the feedback I've gotten yours looks to be the most applicable. It here by has become my process of choice.