PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wash Dilution Ratios for AG/Gilmore Foam Gun?

tenorplayer23
10-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Could use some feedback on the dilution ratio for Optimum Car Wash used with my 1-Qt. Gilmore (actually, AutoGeek) foam gun. I know I have seen a thread pertaining to this, but can't seem to find it again via search.

Since the foam gun bottle isn't graduated (at least mine's not), how many ounces of Optimum Car Wash vs. water in the gun's bottle. On the AG site, there is some reference to their DP Xtreme Wash (2 oz. per 6-8 ozs. of water; then set foam gun on max. solution usage).

So, any dead-on experience with Optimum and the Gilmore gun (product to water ratios in the bottle AND rate setting on the gun itself)??

Would appreciate your specific experiences, ratio & settings. Thanks in advance.

See ya.

tenorplayer23
10-22-2009, 01:58 AM
:confused:.......................................: bump2:

RustyBumper
10-22-2009, 08:43 AM
I add a couple of ounces of OCW to mine and fill up the rest with water. I may try three ounces and see what that does.

ScottB
10-22-2009, 05:34 PM
In general I fill up the canister with water first, then add about 1 1/2 - 2 ounces max. I do it in that order to avoid water foam the soap initially in canister. I then like to set mine (the brass indicator on top) in center. Sometimes moving one more spot to the right. Plenty of foam, lubrication, and a great tool.