PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Remover

Pages : [1] 2

kaboom10
10-19-2009, 05:56 AM
I've been using Meguiars stuff locally available. I'm not exactly happy with it. I'm wanting to switch to a better swirl remover. I have all the pads and an orbital Griot's unit along with tape and MF cloths. It's a stock paint from Ford that is on a 2002 F-150 and is a dark metallic blue. If I had 20 grand for a paint job I would repaint it but I don't so I have to do the best I can with what the factory gave me.

mchess1
10-19-2009, 06:01 AM
I've been using Meguiars stuff locally available. I'm not exactly happy with it. I'm wanting to switch to a better swirl remover. I have all the pads and an orbital Griot's unit along with tape and MF cloths. It's a stock paint from Ford that is on a 2002 F-150 and is a dark metallic blue. If I had 20 grand for a paint job I would repaint it but I don't so I have to do the best I can with what the factory gave me.

Check out Mike Phillips review of the Wolfgang products in this long makeover. He comments towards the bottom on the products.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/20751-1957-chevrolet-belair-extreme-makeover-flex-3401-wolfgang-smackdown.html

We used them in the Detailing 101 class and they were extremely easy to use and did a great job on a Porsche Boxster's hood.

Plus they are currently on special! Wolfgang 16 oz. Swirl Remover Combo, Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, Wolfgang polishes (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-swirl-remover-combo.html)

kaboom10
10-19-2009, 06:23 AM
Yes the results are spectacular but it's NOT a factory 3 part paint job. If it gives me better results than what 'm using now I'll be happy. Thanx for the discount pricing heads up. I guess I'll order it and see what happens. It gets to 45-60 degrees now so should I wait till spring? We don't get those Fla. scorcher days here.

mchess1
10-19-2009, 06:33 AM
Yes the results are spectacular but it's NOT a factory 3 part paint job. If it gives me better results than what 'm using now I'll be happy. Thanx for the discount pricing heads up. I guess I'll order it and see what happens. It gets to 45-60 degrees now so should I wait till spring? We don't get those Fla. scorcher days here.

I know nothing about the temperatures, so I will leave that to the others.

The use of the Wolfgang in that thread I sent you was a single stage paint and the Porsche we used it on in class was a modern factory paint job. Seems to work easily on both.

kaboom10
10-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Then I'll wait till someone chimes in on temp. If it works on other's factory paint it should work on mine. I ordered the whole shooting match. Both on sale and the sealer. Now to sit and wait for the delivery truck and thanx for everything.

Mike Phillips
10-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Then I'll wait till someone chimes in on temp.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/21189-wolfgang-products-outside-temperature.html

The above applies to pretty much most paint care products, not just Wolfgang.

If it works on other's factory paint it should work on mine.

The Wolfgang swirl mark removers are made for us by Menzerna who's been in this business since 1888, they are the leading manufactures of compounds and polishes used at the OEM level, so that's a pretty strong indicator their products will work on most any paint system on the market but at the OEM level, (car manufactures i.e. the assembly line), or in the re-finishing industries, (body shops where new paint is sprayed).

:xyxthumbs:

Buckskincolt
10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Kaboom10,

I used the Wolfgang Polishes in this review. I was reviewing the new Hydro-Tech pads but also the WG polishes. This was on a GMC factory paint dark Blue metallic, if your results are as good as mine you are going to like these polishes. Here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/20999-review-new-hydro-tech-6-5-pads.html

I live in Oregon and the temps here are low compared to other places and I have had no issues using these polishes, It's more of a challenge for LSP application to me.

kaboom10
10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanx Mike. I feel I will be very happy with my order. We're getting 60s here for awhile. Watch the temps take a dive the day after I get my stuff. lol

kaboom10
10-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Kaboom10,

I used the Wolfgang Polishes in this review. I was reviewing the new Hydro-Tech pads but also the WG polishes. This was on a GMC factory paint dark Blue metallic, if your results are as good as mine you are going to like these polishes. Here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/20999-review-new-hydro-tech-6-5-pads.html

I live in Oregon and the temps here are low compared to other places and I have had no issues using these polishes, It's more of a challenge for LSP application to me.

Thanx. Good to hear from someone in the northern climates. Now to sit and wait till it's delivered. Winter is coming so I would like to put on the ritz before it gets to cold.Im the MAN

langer550
10-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I love the WG product line. I switched from Meg's and have not been happier.

kaboom10
10-19-2009, 04:42 PM
All positives and no negatives. I think I'll lve it to. I'll use the megs on my sis n laws car.

kaboom10
10-24-2009, 10:56 AM
My order came Thursday and the temps dropped. Looks like next Tuesday before they rebound for application.Feed back please

Buckskincolt
10-24-2009, 12:33 PM
My order came Thursday and the temps dropped. Looks like next Tuesday before they rebound for application.Feed back please

Warm up the Garage and get to work LOL.:D
I've used the WG polishes in the 50's and have had no problems. Then finding a LSP that will cure is a pain......still looking but FK 2180 doesn't do to bad in the cool.

kaboom10
10-24-2009, 12:40 PM
I wish I could but about all I get with the garage is a big wind block. If I could do it I would rebuild it bigger and better. My wife would never see me again since I would be with my mistress out there. Maybe it was the 14k I spent on it?

kaboom10
11-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Tried out all 3 bottles and did a small part and all I can say is zowwie.