PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Drying Towels - Best and Boiling Towels

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

MI Mike
10-18-2009, 12:49 PM
I have a two part question:

(1) Which is a better drying towel? Cobra Guzzler Waffle Weave (80/20 fiber blend), or the Blue Waffle Weave Drying Towel (70/30 blend) ? I am looking for comments from users and AG staff.

(2) Also, there has been various discussion about boiling towels to clean and return softness. What process was used? Please explain. (e.g. bring water to boil, place towels in water for ? minutes, allow to cool and dry). So what's your process, etc. Thanks.

Feed back please

Mirror Detailing
10-18-2009, 03:03 PM
I have some of the BLue waffle ones and to be honest they suck. I can dry a car faster(about 75% faster) with a old school shamcloth.

CTS-Veo
10-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I think the guzzler and guzzler HD are both awesome drying towels. The blue WW towels have yet to impress me. Maybe after a couple washes they might absorb a little better.

I don't know about boiling the towels, but I know that the microfiber cleaners sold here work very well in the washing machine.

ScottB
10-18-2009, 05:56 PM
I love the original green guzzlers. I find no need to boil. I use the dedicated soaps (Microrestore, DP) as directed and thats all thats needed. No need to add this or that ...

CTS-Veo
10-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Is the idea behind boiling towels to "melt" the dried on product, so it will come out of the towel?

I see some people recommend using cool water to wash MF, but others say to boil them... Can anyone shed some light on this? Or does it not even really matter?

Rsurfer
10-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Is the idea behind boiling towels to "melt" the dried on product, so it will come out of the towel?

I see some people recommend using cool water to wash MF, but others say to boil them... Can anyone shed some light on this? Or does it not even really matter?
The idea is to remove trapped waxes and polishes in the fibers.

TheGLL
10-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Good question.
I have a Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying Towel and I need to clean it, so I'm really curious to know how I should clean it.
I already have a DP Microfiber cleaner, is it good for my Guzzler ?

tanninman
10-18-2009, 08:31 PM
I dont like the blue ones either, I like the Gold Plush, one large & one small will dry an Escalade!

supercharged
10-18-2009, 11:28 PM
I wash my towels using a "steam" cycle on my LG HE washer.

Mike Phillips
10-19-2009, 11:28 AM
I've never boiled microfibers in my entire life. Sometime I'll start the wash cycle over again after the first rinse cycle and on both cycles use hot water.

:)

TheGLL
10-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks Mike.

CTS-Veo
10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I've been using "warm", but next time I will try "hot"

CTYANK2
10-19-2009, 12:45 PM
I've never boiled microfibers in my entire life. Sometime I'll start the wash cycle over again after the first rinse cycle and on both cycles use hot water.

:)

I had put my car towels used for washing, detailing and occasionally towels used for final buffing on newly waxed areas of my car. For a long time I put the towels in the washing machine with hot water and various liquid detergents - that worked fine on the towels. :xyxthumbs:

However there was that day where the wife dragged me over to the washing machine and pointed out that the inside of the machine was covered with a layer of dirty looking wax! The wax came off the towels and most rinsed out with the water but gradually over time thin layers of wax built up inside the entire washing machine. It was a pain in the _____ getting the hardened wax out of the machine.
:(

That incident also remined my wife that our washer and dryer were getting up there in age and ultimately let to buying a new waher and dryer! So, proceed with caution when you wash towels that may have wax on 'em!
:rolleyes:

DARK HORSE
10-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Green waffle weave guzzlers; They are the ultimate!!!!!!!!! I always wash all my microfibers with gentle fragrance free HE laundry soap in the washer with hot water, extra rinse cycle and let air dry. No problem!!!

MisterShark
10-19-2009, 04:04 PM
I've been using either cold or warm water for the wash (along with Pinnacle MF wash) and the delicate/cool setting on the dryer all this time.

I thought you had to baby these MFs in order not to have their fiber structure melt or harden or whatever.