PDA

View Full Version : hand or mechanical care

rjones4029
10-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Folks,
I just bought a new black car and ordered the Wolfgang 3.0 and P21s from here as a combo to try for initial protection. I ordered before I saw the forumn and it looks like many of you like the Souveran instead. May try that later. My question is do most of you apply these by hand or are you using some kind of mechanical tool? If you are using mechanical then please steer me in the direction of one that is idiot proof and will not damage the paint as I am new to this type of car care. My new car doesn't appear to have the swirls that some say they see from the factory but i do have a 2004 Accord that has swirls so I'd like it to do doulbe duty. Could you make some reccomendations?
Thanks RJ

loudog2
10-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Apply waxes and sealants by hand. Get rid of scratches and swirls with a machine. Some people use a machine(PC) to apply waxes and sealants. You waste more product that way. Plus, for me it takes longer to get the PC out and get the pads ready, then clean-up.

unclestu
10-17-2009, 01:11 PM
:iagree:
Apply waxes and sealants by hand. Get rid of scratches and swirls with a machine. Some people use a machine(PC) to apply waxes and sealants. You waste more product that way. Plus, for me it takes longer to get the PC out and get the pads ready, then clean-up.
Not to mention the possibility of picking up a bit of contamination on your pad and and creating swirls and scratches on your beautifully sealed paint.
Good luck with your new ride

ScottB
10-17-2009, 02:05 PM
I apply and remove waxes (Souveran) and sealant (Wolfgang 3.0) by hand. You are not wrong choosing either product as both are the best of the best. I might suggest if not polishing prior to using then consider a paint cleansing lotion (Pinnacle, P21S, Wolfgang, Dodo) for best results and rewards from either product.

2old2change
10-17-2009, 02:52 PM
You are at the right place for info on taking care of that new black car.After a wash and before starting in on the compounds and waxes you may want to look into claying the surface to get rid of all the contaminates picked up during shipping and sitting at the dealers lot.Plenty of threads dedicated to the subject here on AG. Its cheap and will pay off in helping keep the paint free of as many defects.

Paul S