PDA

View Full Version : dodo?

corolla619
10-17-2009, 09:14 AM
so after research and being a pinnacle and wolfgang guy in think i might give dodo juice a try.

i like to do alot of research and have been doing just that. see, this wax would be for my personal vehicle and only my vehicle. i have a silver metallic car(the one in my signature)and am completely on the fence. there are 2 waxes specified for light colors and metallics. one is a soft wax and one is a hard wax?

the 2 waxes i have my eye on are light fantastic and diamond white.

if anyone has had experience with dodo and can point me in the right direction for the wax that will work best with my color, please do.

also, what is the difference between the hard waxes and soft waxes?

thankyou.

loudog2
10-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Diamond white, light fantastic, supernatural or RBJE/RBOE. You could even use rainforestrub and hard candy. The first 4 are my favorites. Try some red mist tropical QD/sealant also to prolong product durability.

loudog2
10-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Forgot the second part of your post. Soft waxes are easier to apply, but you use more product per application. Hard waxes you apply thinner, which means the tub will last longer. It's all up to you. Get the small samples and try them out befoe you spring for the full size.

akimel
10-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I have never used it, but from all that I have read over at Detailing World, Banana Armor may be the best all-around and most durable DJ wax, excepting Supernatural. I wouldn't worry too much coordinating specific DJ waxes to car colors. Even Dom admits that the nuances are so slight as to be nonobservable to most people. Anyway, if I were in your situation, Banana Armor is the wax I would purchase first. But as louddog suggests, get some small samples and try them out and see what you like best.

AeroCleanse
10-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Lime Prime is awesome, so is Red Mist Tropical (wow, thats all than needs to be said there). For waxes, Supernatural or Rubbish Boys Juice Edition are the ones I am most interested in when my current wax runs out. Seems that a lot of professional detailers in England use Banana Amour.

loudog2
10-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Like I said before, get the samples to decide for yourself. Like the saying goes, "one man's trash, is another man's treasure" and vice versa "one man's treasure, is another man's trash". Everyone likes different stuff.

ScottB
10-17-2009, 02:09 PM
I think Hard Candy is impressive but prefer Wolfgang Fuzion or Souveran due to there ease of application and removal. The Dodo Spray is nice over most 'nuba's and a great starting point.

Dibbuz
10-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Dodo Juice claims that the hard wax have longer durability and the soft more shine. I would choose the soft one for it's extra shine and it's easier to apply than the hard wax. Although Lime Prime is good, you can use Dodo wax's with almost every glaze.

corolla619
10-17-2009, 11:54 PM
dodo's red mist tropical?
is this a quick detailer? i mean, i love my crystal mist but i am always in the market to try something new.

if so, will this detailer be compatible with different waxes like sigII , nxt2.0 and so on?

i just don't want to get the haze effect/smearing/cloudiness. man what a pain that is to correct.

i think i made up my mind on the wax from dodo but now want to try their red tropical mist but want it to be compatible with different waxes seeings every couple months i strip and apply a different wax. i love my waxes.

thankyou.

Emile
10-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Hard waxes are only to be applied with an applicator pad in a thin coat. It is more durable than the soft wax. Soft waxes can be applied with your bare hands although I wouldn't recommend it because you'll end up using way too much product. Soft waxes provided the highest shine.

Since you are only buying it for your vehicle, I suggest going with a color-charged wax to get the absolute best look. I have read other people getting up to 7 months of protection from the hard waxes, which is just crazy. If you are just going to buy one wax, then go with a hard wax...you'll get most of the shine and the best durability. Your absolute best bet would be to lay down a coat of a hard color-charged wax, and then lay down a coat of a soft color-charged wax.

Personally, I'm still on the fence of whether Dodo makes good products or not. Marketing is there and the Dodo crew stand firmly behind their products...they answer me almost immediately whenever I have a question about one of their products. But I have not had enough experience with my 250mL Blue Velvet and my two 30mL Purple Haze pots yet. The Sour Power soap so far has given me awesome cleaning power and a great look, but the suds have always been dismal during every wash.

ScottB
10-18-2009, 08:04 AM
dodo's red mist tropical?
is this a quick detailer? i mean, i love my crystal mist but i am always in the market to try something new.

if so, will this detailer be compatible with different waxes like sigII , nxt2.0 and so on?

i just don't want to get the haze effect/smearing/cloudiness. man what a pain that is to correct.

i think i made up my mind on the wax from dodo but now want to try their red tropical mist but want it to be compatible with different waxes seeings every couple months i strip and apply a different wax. i love my waxes.

thankyou.

it will work on multiple waxes and a nice product. Have you tried the amped up version of Crystal Mist, Souveran Spray Wax ??

GOATMAN06
10-18-2009, 03:54 PM
I love all the DODO products, i use BA, BV and lime prime as a base and the Red mist is the best detail spray ive ever used but some say its over priced a tad.

corolla619
10-18-2009, 07:51 PM
it will work on multiple waxes and a nice product. Have you tried the amped up version of Crystal Mist, Souveran Spray Wax ??

???? i have both crystal mist and the souveran spray wax if that is what you mean. i was told the souveran spray wax was not to be used as a quick detailer?

basically using these 2 products i usually use the crystal mist as my qd and the follow up with souveran spray wax to give whatever wax i have lying beneath a boost.

corolla619
10-20-2009, 11:48 PM
???? i have both crystal mist and the souveran spray wax if that is what you mean. i was told the souveran spray wax was not to be used as a quick detailer?

basically using these 2 products i usually use the crystal mist as my qd and the follow up with souveran spray wax to give whatever wax i have lying beneath a boost.

killr, is this what you meant by the amped up version of crystal mist?